Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 9, 2017

It seems I only can copy and past single segments from Passolo into Word. I have to use version 2009. Does anybody know a better way?

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
Local time: 14:00
German to French
+ ...
What for? Jan 10, 2017

I'm afraid not to understand what Word has to do with Passolo? For what purpose do you need to copy and paste strings from Passolo to Word?

Could you explain it?

With regards

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 15:00
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No spellchecker in Passolo Jan 10, 2017

Adrien Esparron wrote:

I'm afraid not to understand what Word has to do with Passolo? For what purpose do you need to copy and paste strings from Passolo to Word?

Could you explain it?

With regards

Platary (X)
Platary (X)
German to French
+ ...
Use another version Jan 10, 2017

I really do not remember how it goes with the 2009 version, but I'm quite sure there is a spellchecker in the 2011, 2015 and 2016 versions. So, even if there is no downwards compatibility (to be verified, depends of the versions), you could work with a copy in 2015 (for instance) to spellcheck and then correct what needed in the 2009 original version. It seems to be much more convenient than copy and paste string by string.

Hope this helps!

Screen Shot 01-10-17 at 10.38 AM

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
English to German
Passolo now integrates with Word for spell checking since 2005 (12 years!) Jan 11, 2017

Hello,

Adriens answer is correct and it works the same way even for older Passolo versions (2009, 2007, 6.0 and 5.0). What you need is a proper Word installation (also works with older versions back to Word 2003) and the proofing tools for the language you are translating. Depending where you purchased Word different spell checking engines may already be available. My German version of Word has English, French, Italian and German spell checking engines. For languages where you have
... See more
Hello,

Adriens answer is correct and it works the same way even for older Passolo versions (2009, 2007, 6.0 and 5.0). What you need is a proper Word installation (also works with older versions back to Word 2003) and the proofing tools for the language you are translating. Depending where you purchased Word different spell checking engines may already be available. My German version of Word has English, French, Italian and German spell checking engines. For languages where you have no Word spell checking engine you need to install the Microsoft Proofing Tools. The screen shot from Adrien shows the setup dialog where to correctly setup the spell checking engine and add custom dictionaries if necessary.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Solutions Consultant
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Myron Netchypor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I validate Passolo files in Word?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »