Philippe Danjoux
Philippe Danjoux  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:32
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 22, 2021

Just received a report from an agency I contacted to help me getting paid the money I am owed by a Dutch agency I have been working with for ten years.

I will not be paid the money I'm owed. The agency (Flowlanguages or Boot Translations, in Waalwijk) does not reply to emails or phone calls or whatever, not even when threatened with going to Court.

I would have to pay to get my money and, even then, I'm not sure I would get it.

I'm not really happy about th
... See more
Just received a report from an agency I contacted to help me getting paid the money I am owed by a Dutch agency I have been working with for ten years.

I will not be paid the money I'm owed. The agency (Flowlanguages or Boot Translations, in Waalwijk) does not reply to emails or phone calls or whatever, not even when threatened with going to Court.

I would have to pay to get my money and, even then, I'm not sure I would get it.

I'm not really happy about this... So, don't forget that name. I know it has already been mentioned on Proz, but here you are. I have been working for years with that agency and I have always been paid before. This is why I felt confident. I was wrong.
Collapse

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:32
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Philippe Apr 22, 2021

I am sorry to hear about your experience. I have searched online and I have found various negative reviews and serious complaints about this company. They have been banned from posting jobs on Proz since 2019, blacklisted on Translation Ethics since 2015 and named on the Scammers Directory (Note 142 says that they are not the ordinary CV thieves, but an unscrupulous gang of cunning operators and notorious non-payers. Their MO: open a company, accumulate debts and happily start a new company.)…

expressisverbis
Barbara Carrara

Philippe Danjoux
Philippe Danjoux  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:32
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trust Apr 22, 2021

The thing is that I started working with them quite a while ago. The first time was in 2007 and I had no problem for over 10 years. Our collaboration was pretty sporadic, but I had no reason to have any doubt, and you are not looking for anything that would confirm your doubt if you have no reason to doubt from the start. It all started in 2019. Also, the people working for the agency were OK, but Lisette is the real problem here. She just will not reply to anyone, which shows how little power f... See more
The thing is that I started working with them quite a while ago. The first time was in 2007 and I had no problem for over 10 years. Our collaboration was pretty sporadic, but I had no reason to have any doubt, and you are not looking for anything that would confirm your doubt if you have no reason to doubt from the start. It all started in 2019. Also, the people working for the agency were OK, but Lisette is the real problem here. She just will not reply to anyone, which shows how little power freelancers can have in a case like this. This is the first time it happens to me in 20 years.Collapse

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:32
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Philippe Apr 22, 2021

Boot Translations filed for bankruptcy in 2017 (https://www.faillissementsverslagen.com/faillissement/verslagen/verslag/02_zwb_17_212_F_V_02).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

da-micha147A

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »