Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]
Three translation agencies contacted us for MTPE and HT projects, all the same requirements.
Auteur du fil: Marc Svetov

Laura Orbegozo
Espagne
Local time: 12:15
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
They are definitely scam! Mar 24

I also got offers from these people, actually from 2 different ones. From the beginning I suspected there was something going on there so I decided not to participate. But they keep sending e-mails about new "batches" available. At one point they even sent an e-mail explaining that the client required a kind of language test to be passed in order to continue working with him, but the funny thing is that they sent instructions on how to cheat on the exam in order to pass it! Definitelty not a ser... See more
I also got offers from these people, actually from 2 different ones. From the beginning I suspected there was something going on there so I decided not to participate. But they keep sending e-mails about new "batches" available. At one point they even sent an e-mail explaining that the client required a kind of language test to be passed in order to continue working with him, but the funny thing is that they sent instructions on how to cheat on the exam in order to pass it! Definitelty not a serious company...Collapse

Juan Pablo Lara
Local time: 04:15
anglais vers espagnol
+ ...
welcome to Goodwill Mar 25

Hello, today I received an email inviting me to participate in this "ISAAC" project. They sent me a third-party service agreement and the instructions, but it really seems odd to me so I will decline the offer. This post was very helpful to make the decision.

bivu
Italie
Nouvel utilisateur
I am working on an ISAAC PROJECT - Was I scammed? Mar 25

Hi everyone. I too am w0rking on this ISAAC PROJECT which I now believe is a scam. I've worked on many transòation strings but have not received any payments. I have stopped any communication and eliminated my account. At this point, I don't even think I want their money. I was just scammed.

Julie Barber  Identity Verified
Royaume-Uni
Local time: 11:15
Membre (2006)
français vers anglais
Artificial intelligence project Apr 8

I all I worked on this project for a while until I was made aware by a second agency who contacted me that it is for Artificial Intelligence (i.e Machine Translation).

The first agency didn't mention this. I stopped working on it when I realised.

It's a project with low pay, with the aim of making translators redundant/obsolete.

I don't think that they agency who I worked with are scammers, just out of their depth with a big project (but I could be total
... See more
I all I worked on this project for a while until I was made aware by a second agency who contacted me that it is for Artificial Intelligence (i.e Machine Translation).

The first agency didn't mention this. I stopped working on it when I realised.

It's a project with low pay, with the aim of making translators redundant/obsolete.

I don't think that they agency who I worked with are scammers, just out of their depth with a big project (but I could be totally wrong).
They paid me on time the first time, but took a long time to send over the second PO.
Collapse

Pages sur ce sujet:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Modérateur(s) de ce forum
Alejandro Cavalitto[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Three translation agencies contacted us for MTPE and HT projects, all the same requirements.

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Recherche par terme
  • Travaux
  • Forums
  • Multiple search