Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:48
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 18, 2017

WWA ratings

ProZ.com has released an enhancement to the Willingness to Work Again (WWA) service called WWA ratings. A WWA rating will be a score of 1 to 5 and will express, in more detailed terms an outsourcers' "willingness to work again" with that service provider.

• WWA ratings are permission-based, a service provider will have the option to show (or hide) their entire WWA rating history.
• Outsourcers and clients will have the option to maintain WWA rating
... See more
WWA ratings

ProZ.com has released an enhancement to the Willingness to Work Again (WWA) service called WWA ratings. A WWA rating will be a score of 1 to 5 and will express, in more detailed terms an outsourcers' "willingness to work again" with that service provider.

• WWA ratings are permission-based, a service provider will have the option to show (or hide) their entire WWA rating history.
• Outsourcers and clients will have the option to maintain WWA ratings privately for their ProZ.com sourcing activity.
• Clients and outsourcers making a WWA rating will have the option of adding the service provider to their lists of filtered providers.
• More detailed WWA "category ratings" are planned for the future (if there are any category ratings you would like to see, please let us know below).

To leave ratings for service providers simply visit that service providers profile page and click on the "Rate service provider".
At this time outsourcers will not be able to leave WWA ratings if a service provider has chosen to hide their WWA feedback.

FAQs

What are WWA ratings?
WWA ratings enable outsourcers to provide more detailed feedback to their service providers.

Will WWA ratings replace WWA feedback?
No. WWA feedback is separate from WWA ratings. Profile owners will continue to have the same rights to show/hide/solicit WWA feedback they have always had.

What are service providers options regarding the visibility of their WWA ratings?
There are two options for visibility of service provider WWA ratings:
- Display all WWA ratings publicly to all profiles visitors
- Keep all WWA ratings private

If service providers choose not to display WWA ratings, profile owners will still see their WWA ratings but visitors to their profile will see no trace of WWA ratings.

If service providers choose to show WWA ratings, all visitors to their profile will see all of their WWA ratings.

What about my WWA feedback?
Your WWA feedback and settings will not change. You will keep all of your WWA feedback and you may choose to show or hide all WWA feedback, independent of showing or hiding your WWA ratings.

What are outsourcers options regarding the visibility of their WWA ratings?
There are two options for visibility of individual outsourcer WWA ratings:
- Keep a single WWA rating on a service provider private and visible only to that outsourcers’ team members.
- Share a single service provider WWA rating with that service provider.

If an outsourcer chooses to share a WWA rating with a service provider, and that profile owner sets their WWA ratings to private, only the outsourcer and service provider will be able to see that WWA rating.

If an outsourcer chooses to share a WWA rating with a service provider, and the profile owner sets their WWA ratings to public, all profile visitors will be able to see that WWA rating and the outsourcer’s name.

Are WWA ratings required to participate in any ProZ.com services or features?
Yes. In order to join ProZ.com pools, service providers will be required to show their WWA ratings.

What are the conditions under which WWA ratings can be made by outsourcers?
Only logged in outsourcers (LSP/Agencies, end clients or account type "both outsourcer & freelancer”) can leave WWA ratings.

Outsourcers will be able to leave a single WWA rating per verifiable project.

Only those outsourcers in good standing (i.e. no outstanding non-payment reports, active administrative actions) will be able to create WWA ratings. All postings must follow all ProZ.com site rules and policies.

What is a “verifiable project”?
A verifiable project is one where the outsourcer, if requested, can provide written documentation that a project or order has been accepted by the service provider.

Can I reply to WWA ratings I received?
Yes. Service providers will be able to reply/comment to WWA ratings they receive.

Will WWA ratings have more detailed category ratings (i.e. communication skills, on time delivery, etc.)?
Yes, it is planned that detailed category ratings will be released in the future.

Will an outsourcer be able to edit their WWA ratings?
Outsourcers that keep their WWA ratings private will be able to edit them at any time.
Outsourcers that choose to share their WWA ratings with service providers will not be able to edit their WWA rating for 30 days after they share that WWA rating with the servicer provider.

Will WWA ratings have an effect on my directory position or rank?
Not at this time.

How can I request or solicit WWA Ratings?
Service providers can request WWA ratings in the same manner in which service providers can request WWA from their clients.

What are the rules for posting?
• Certain conditions must be met before WWA ratings can be made.
• In order for WWA ratings to be shared with service providers they must be entered when a verifiable work order has been assigned and there no pending non-payment issues.
• It is not possible to edit an entry for 30 days after it has been shared with the service provider.
• A service provider is allowed to reply. (Note that it is not possible to edit an entry for 30 days after a reply has been received.)
• Self-entries are not permitted.
• Defamation is not permitted. A WWA rating entry may not be used to defame any individual or business. Entries, comments accompanying entries, and responses to entries, must focus strictly on WWA ratings and adhere to all ProZ.com site rules
• All communication must adhere to all ProZ.com site rules
• Attempting to influence another's use of WWA ratings is prohibited. Exerting pressure on someone to change a WWA rating entry or reply, or to make a new entry or reply of a specific nature, is forbidden. (Inviting outsourcers to make WWA rating entries or replies is acceptable, as long as there is no attempt to influence the content of those postings.)
• WWA ratings may not be used to coerce. Using a WWA rating, or threatening to use a WWA rating, in such a way as to pressure a service provider or outsourcer into taking some action, is strictly prohibited.

Will banned outsources or those with open non-payment reports be permitted to leave WWA ratings?
No.

Will outsourcers be able to leave multiple WWA ratings?
Outsourcers may leave one WWA rating per verifiable project.

What if I disagree with a WWA Rating I have received?
If a service provider feels a WWA rating violates the WWA ratings rules, they can open a support request.

ProZ.com reserves the right to review WWA ratings on a case by case basis, and to remove any WWA rating or comment which may not conform to ProZ.com site rules & policies.

Can outsourcers leave private feedback for service providers apart from WWA ratings, to help service providers improve?
Yes. There is a private two way information exchange space separate from WWA ratings.

What does 5 stars mean?
5 stars - Most definitely (I would be delighted to work again with this service provider)
4 stars - Definitely (I would work again with this service provider)
3 stars - Maybe (I might work again with this service provider)
2 stars - Doubtfully (I would probably not work again with this service provider)
1 star - No way (I would definitely refuse to work again with this service provider)

Is paid ProZ.com membership required to enter WWA ratings?
No, however outsourcers must meet conditions for posting.

If we don't rate an agency, can they rate us anyway?
Yes, just as LWA entries can be entered independently of WWA feedback, WWA ratings can be entered by outsourcers who have not received LWA feedback from a service provider. WWA ratings can also be entered by outsourcers who have received an LWA entry from the service provider, if that rating does not violate the rules.

Exactly who in the agency will be rating the translators?
Outourcers and/or their team members who can provide written documentation of a verifiable project order may leave a WWA rating.

Will the agencies' comments also be visible to paying members only (like the BB) or will everyone be able to see them?
WWA ratings will be visible to all visitors, unless the profile owner has decided to hide their WWA ratings.

Thank you for your patience during the development of this feature.

Regards,

Drew MacFadyen
Collapse

Gino LUKA

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:48
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Drew Oct 20, 2017

Drew MacFadyen wrote:
Will WWA ratings replace WWA feedback?
No. WWA feedback is separate from WWA ratings. Profile owners will continue to have the same rights to show/hide/solicit WWA feedback they have always had.

So, do I understand correctly that WWA Feedback is if you want to display only positive things people say about you, and WWA Ratings is for when you're happy to display both positive and negative things that people say about you?

What are service providers options regarding the visibility of their WWA ratings?
There are two options for visibility of service provider WWA ratings:
- Display all WWA ratings publicly to all profiles visitors
- Keep all WWA ratings private

Is there/will there be an option to not display ratings publicly, but to allow ratings to be used in directory searches?

What are outsourcers options regarding the visibility of their WWA ratings?
There are two options for visibility of individual outsourcer WWA ratings...

Yes, but if I gave a translator a rating, will that fact (and the rating) be displayed on my profile page as well?

Outsourcers that choose to share their WWA ratings with service providers will not be able to edit their WWA rating for 30 days after they share that WWA rating with the servicer provider.

Wait... does that mean what I think it means? Does it mean that you can only edit your rating for the first 30 days, or does it mean that you want to wait 30 days before you can edit your rating?

Is Professional membership required to enter WWA ratings?
No, however outsourcers must meet conditions for posting.

What is "professional membership"?

Samuel

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updating based on feedback Oct 20, 2017

Thank you Samuel, I will be updating the FAQ's above based on your feedback and reply again with additional detail.

Regards,

Drew

Drew MacFadyen
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additional information Oct 20, 2017

Thanks for the feedback Sam.

So, do I understand correctly that WWA Feedback is if you want to display only positive things people say about you, and WWA Ratings is for when you're happy to display both positive and negative things that people say about you?

Yes, but there's more - e.g. private comment loop between service provider and outsourcers, there's also more planned for future releases.

Is there/will there be an option to not display ratings publicly, but to allow ratings to be used in directory searches?

At this time WWA ratings will not have an effect on directory position or rank.

Yes, but if I gave a translator a rating, will that fact (and the rating) be displayed on my profile page as well?

Not at this time. In the future, similar to how ProZ.com profiles shows "Blue Board entries made by this user", there may be an area that displays "WWA ratings made by this user". This area would not show ratings that the outsourcer has chosen to keep private.[/quote]

Wait... does that mean what I think it means? Does it mean that you can only edit your rating for the first 30 days, or does it mean that you want to wait 30 days before you can edit your rating?

An outsourcer can edit any WWA rating that has been kept private at any time as often as they wish and for any reason.

Once an outsourcer shares a WWA rating with a service provider (i.e. outsourcer has not selected the option "keep private"), then the outsourcer will have a short period of time to make edits for typos etc, after this short period of time the WWA rating will not be able to be edited for a period of 30 days.

what is "professional membership"?

Apologies that was poorly worded by me. This has been edited to "Is paid ProZ.com membership required to enter WWA ratings?"

Thanks again for your time, consideration & feedback.

Regards,

Drew

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:48
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Threat Oct 20, 2017

Quote:

"Will WWA ratings have an effect on my directory position or rank?
Not at this time."

Is that a threat?

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:48
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
No Oct 20, 2017

Tom in London wrote:

Quote:

"Will WWA ratings have an effect on my directory position or rank?
Not at this time."

Is that a threat?

No

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Is there any way to opt out of this altogether?? Oct 22, 2017

I have no WWA because I never requested any and don't want any. I am also not interested in having any comments, positive or negative, from agencies. Who I work for and all that's involved with that is my business and I would like it to remain private.
If this means removing all my Blueboard ratings, I'm fine with that.
So will there be an option introduced to opt out of this new rating service?

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 23:48
Danish to English
+ ...
Lack of symmetry May 22, 2018

I'm not sure why I didn't see this topic in October.

There is a lack of symmetry:

"In order for WWA ratings to be shared with service providers they must be entered when a verifiable work order has been assigned and there no pending non-payment issues. "

Blue Board rule:
"Entries concerning the Likelihood of Working Again (LWA) with given outsourcers are allowed only when (1) commissioned work has been completed in full and delivered on time, and (2)
... See more
I'm not sure why I didn't see this topic in October.

There is a lack of symmetry:

"In order for WWA ratings to be shared with service providers they must be entered when a verifiable work order has been assigned and there no pending non-payment issues. "

Blue Board rule:
"Entries concerning the Likelihood of Working Again (LWA) with given outsourcers are allowed only when (1) commissioned work has been completed in full and delivered on time, and (2) there have not been complaints related to quality shortly after delivery."

The Blue Board rule is much stricter than the WWA rule. If translators cannot leave BB feedback in case of late delivery or complaints, then outsourcers should not be able to leave WWA ratings at all in case of late payment, not just "pending non-payment issues", or in case of complaints about late payment shortly after the agreed deadline for payment.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New WWA rating service

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »