Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
marketedge
marketedge
Canada
Local time: 18:38
English
The inability to offer negative feedback denies our community an essential resource May 27, 2016

as above

If translators cannot comment on nefarious outsourcing companies then this is clearly not a safe place them,

[Edited at 2016-05-27 15:05 GMT]

Frogologue
Frogologue
Local time: 23:38
French to English
Is it true you cannot leave negative feedback? Jan 29, 2017

I use proz for occasional outsourcing. Generally the results are good, occasionally moderate, and rarely very poor.
I used an interpreter a couple of years ago who did a good job, and asked him to do another job last December.
The quality of the work was fine, but then he cheated!
My client mistakenly sent me files for interpreting which he had already done.
He simply renamed the files he'd already sent and returned them.
I'm not even sure whether I'm "allowed" to l
... See more
I use proz for occasional outsourcing. Generally the results are good, occasionally moderate, and rarely very poor.
I used an interpreter a couple of years ago who did a good job, and asked him to do another job last December.
I'm not even sure whether I'm "allowed" to leave negative feedback, but without checking tbe "willing to work again" box, I couldn't even find out.
What do you suggest I do?
I already find proz's interface very user-unfriendly and tend to avoid using it when possible. Not being able to give and read fair appraisals would be a definite nail in the coffin. Which is a shame.
Please advise!
With thanks
Simon
Collapse

Catharine Cellier-Smart
Catharine Cellier-Smart  Identity Verified
Reunion
Local time: 02:38
Member (2010)
French to English
+ ...
What's the point of asking "Would you be willing to work again?" as it's compulsory?! Sep 10, 2017

What's the point of having a tickable "Would you be willing to work again with this service provider?" box, given that it's compulsory?!

You can't leave feedback without ticking the box.

Nikki Scott-Despaigne
Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
French to English
direct client - vs end client Sep 10, 2017

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz wrote:

Just to make sure that end clients (i.e. not outsourcers) are okay to ask.

Direct clients are clients with whom freelancers are in direct contact. There is a direct contractual relationship between the freelancer and the direct client. The nature of the agreement is such that the freelancer can put the question directly to his/her own (direct) client.

End clients are clients with whom freelancers are not in direct contact. There is no contractual relationship between them. Indeed, the agreement between the outsourcer and the freelancer commonly prohibits the end client and the freelancer from contacting one another directly. Sometimes, the outsourcer may allow freelancer and/or end client to contact one another for the purposes of exchanging with regard to a particular job.

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I'm afraid I didn't get it Sep 10, 2017

Frogologue wrote:

I'm not even sure whether I'm "allowed" to leave negative feedback, but without checking tbe "willing to work again" box, I couldn't even find out.
I already find proz's interface very user-unfriendly and tend to avoid using it when possible. Not being able to give and read fair appraisals would be a definite nail in the coffin. Which is a shame.
Please advise!
With thanks
Simon

Can you clarify what you meant by this "My client mistakenly sent me files for interpreting which he had already done. He simply renamed the files he'd already sent and returned them."?

jyuan_us
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
I think many people think direct clients and end clients are the same Sep 10, 2017

Nikki Scott-Despaigne wrote:

Łukasz Gos-Furmankiewicz wrote:

Just to make sure that end clients (i.e. not outsourcers) are okay to ask.

Direct clients are clients with whom freelancers are in direct contact. There is a direct contractual relationship between the freelancer and the direct client. The nature of the agreement is such that the freelancer can put the question directly to his/her own (direct) client.

End clients are clients with whom freelancers are not in direct contact. There is no contractual relationship between them. Indeed, the agreement between the outsourcer and the freelancer commonly prohibits the end client and the freelancer from contacting one another directly. Sometimes, the outsourcer may allow freelancer and/or end client to contact one another for the purposes of exchanging with regard to a particular job.

http://goindy.life/index.php/2017/03/06/your-freelance-business-model-options-direct-client-vs-agency/

Note: the text below has been copied from the link above.

Work Directly With Clients

Working directly for clients is another option for freelancers, which can come with higher flexibility — and higher profits. There’s more up-front marketing involved to land these clients and more management required during project delivery. But when you work directly with the client, you have immediate access. Whether you’re scoping out the project or addressing a mid-project question, you can pick up the phone and contact the client immediately, making it easier to deliver on the vision the first time.

Landing direct clients often requires more up-front marketing, but this can lead to long-term, profitable relationships that may last for years. Agency relationships can end your ability to work on a brand’s project, but as a direct resource, you may be more insulated from internal marketing and creative shifts. There’s always the chance your clients will shift to the agency model or change directions, too.

A direct relationship with a brand may be more profitable, if you can deliver the same level of end-to-end service. That can result in higher profits, though you may incur higher costs if you subcontract areas of the project or employ your own team for support.

[Edited at 2017-09-10 15:17 GMT]

[Edited at 2017-09-10 15:20 GMT]

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
duplicate Sep 11, 2017

jyuan_us wrote:

Frogologue wrote:

Please advise!
With thanks
Simon

Can you clarify what you meant by this "My client mistakenly sent me files for interpreting which he had already done. He simply renamed the files he'd already sent and returned them."?

Seems clear enough to me. The translator (interpreter?) was re-sent some source files which he had already worked on. Rather than alert the agency (& end-client) to the duplication, he re-sent his earlier work (and, presumably, another invoice).

jyuan_us
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
It is apparently clear to you but Sep 12, 2017

Mair A-W (PhD) wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

Frogologue wrote:

Please advise!
With thanks
Simon

Seems clear enough to me. The translator (interpreter?) was re-sent some source files which he had already worked on. Rather than alert the agency (& end-client) to the duplication, he re-sent his earlier work (and, presumably, another invoice).

would you mind let me know how you would understand this "files for interpreting which he had already done"?

Mair A-W (PhD)
Mair A-W (PhD)
Germany
German to English
+ ...
it's all there Sep 13, 2017

jyuan_us wrote:

Mair A-W (PhD) wrote:

jyuan_us wrote:

Frogologue wrote:

Please advise!
With thanks
Simon

would you mind let me know how you would understand this "files for interpreting which he had already done"?

As I said: "source files which he had already worked on".

jyuan_us
United States
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
files for interpreting Sep 13, 2017

What are "files for interpreting"? Was that particular person an interpreter or a translator?

Marcella Marino
Marcella Marino  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2016)
English to Italian
+ ...
WWA update Sep 17, 2017

Hello Jason,

as a freelancer I tried the page to give feedback to agencies or colleagues and I like the improvements you did here.
Also the layout is clearer.
However, I agree with the colleagues who proposed the possibility to have "maybe" and "no" as an option, too.
But I would suggest to use them very carefully and just for very serious cases to warn about serious dangers, in order not to run the risk of ruining someone's reputation or arising disputes.
Us
... See more
Hello Jason,

as a freelancer I tried the page to give feedback to agencies or colleagues and I like the improvements you did here.
Also the layout is clearer.
However, I agree with the colleagues who proposed the possibility to have "maybe" and "no" as an option, too.
But I would suggest to use them very carefully and just for very serious cases to warn about serious dangers, in order not to run the risk of ruining someone's reputation or arising disputes.
Used properly it is a great tool that protects our community as translators.
This is my humble opinion.

Thank you very much!
Marcella
Collapse

Carlos Morales
Carlos Morales  Identity Verified
Ecuador
Local time: 17:38
English to Spanish
WWA entries are nowhere to be found Feb 7, 2018

My WWA entry in the previous version shows that I have received 3 requests for feedback, but when I go to the new version of WWA entries I've received, I don't see any requests received.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Bianca Treitler
Bianca Treitler  Identity Verified
Portuguese to German
+ ...
The WWA request just doesn´t seem to work.. as the emails do not arrive at clients.... what can i d Apr 8, 2020

Jason Grimes wrote:

The screens for requesting and giving translator feedback ("WWA") have been reworked to make them easier to use.

Translator feedback is a ProZ.com feature for translators and interpreters to request, collect, and display feedback from clients and colleagues who would be Willing to Work Again (WWA) with them.

If you're a translator, interpreter, or other service provider, having feedback in your profile helps you promote yourself by showing a track record of satisfied clients.

Freelancers: click here to request feedback from clients and colleagues.

If you're an outsourcer, giving feedback to freelancers you've worked with shows you care about them and appreciate their work, and also benefits the community as a whole.

Outsourcers: click here to give feedback to freelancers you've worked with.

Please post below if you have any questions or comments about these updates.

Thanks,

Jason

Paolo Belfiore
Paolo Belfiore  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2021)
English to Italian
+ ...
WWA needs to be cleaner and simpler Mar 26, 2022

Reading from this thread, it seems to me that the WWA page hasn't received many modifications over the past 14 years. There was an attempt at some point to reorganize it and this is shown by the old-style page that is shown when clicking on the "request WWA feedback" or "provide WWA feedback" tabs, but not when clicking on remaining ones.

The My WWA link should lead to a clean summary of the translator's feedback in a main tab with buttons on the side that allow to provide or reques
... See more
Reading from this thread, it seems to me that the WWA page hasn't received many modifications over the past 14 years. There was an attempt at some point to reorganize it and this is shown by the old-style page that is shown when clicking on the "request WWA feedback" or "provide WWA feedback" tabs, but not when clicking on remaining ones.

The My WWA link should lead to a clean summary of the translator's feedback in a main tab with buttons on the side that allow to provide or request feedback, and see overall statistics. Everything else only diminishes the value that WWA brings. There might be some other features (hopefully one or two more at the most) that the community may decide to leave, but leaving old-style pages that don't link easily back to the main one and that don't share the same template are just fodder for curious time-wasters such as myself, who like to click on every single link on every single page to make sure that I am on the right one. This false perception of choice doesn't yield a clean WWA page, but a redundant cluster of old and new that doesn't lend itself to easy browsing and use. In comparison, the tiny "translator feedback" menu that is found when clicking on either one of the above-mentioned tabs would suffice.

Now, having said all of this, the request WWA feedback tab specifically should allow the user to visualize the previously requested emails without the click of any buttons and a column saying whether the requested party left feedback (and the comment, if applicable) or not, with the possibility of sending a reminder right there an then. Currently, one has to click on each button to see which email that line corresponds to and when coming back to that page, if it is full of requests there is no way of keeping track of which one was clicked. I attached an image for clarity.

I believe that consolidating the features that all of the tabs lead to into a simple side menu suffices and would make for a great experience within the proZ.com website for all users providing or requesting WWA feedback.

Thank you.
Paolo

Screenshot 2022-03-25 at 21-57-23 Request translator feedback ( WWA ) ProZ.com
Collapse

Juliana Secchi
Juliana Secchi  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 19:38
Member (2023)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
My clients are not receiving my request for feedback emails Jun 8, 2023

Hello,

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I sent two requests for feedback to two different clients and they are just not receiving the emails. Is there any workaround or suggestion to collect these feedbacks?

Thanks a lot!

Robert Farren

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Announcing translator feedback (WWA) improvements

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »