Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Address entry form updated
Thread poster: Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:35
SITE STAFF
Apr 22, 2013

The form for entering a contact address in freelancer profiles has been updated in an attempt to make it easier to use.

You can try it out here: http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact
(Click "Change" in the "Address" section.)

Notable changes include:

* Auto-complete. (Type your city, region, and country naturally and the system will a
... See more
The form for entering a contact address in freelancer profiles has been updated in an attempt to make it easier to use.

You can try it out here: http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact
(Click "Change" in the "Address" section.)

Notable changes include:

* Auto-complete. (Type your city, region, and country naturally and the system will automatically try to suggest matching standardized place names when possible.)
* Simplified visibility preferences.
* A more natural layout.

Entering an address in your profile helps potential clients find you when searching by location, and makes it possible to pre-populate address fields in invoice and payment forms.

Please post below if you have any questions or comments about these updates.

Thanks,

Jason
Collapse

Hab Tino
Feruza Kadirova
Vesam Kadour
jahanzaib noor
hamid zadeh hemati
松珂 余
Abdulaziz Ahmed

Jason Grimes
Jason Grimes
Local time: 10:35
SITE STAFF
TOPIC STARTER
Map location and time zone now set automatically when saving address May 3, 2013

Another update has been made to the address settings form. Now, when saving your address in your profile, the system will attempt to automatically find your position on a map and determine your timezone.

If you find that these automatic settings are incorrect for your address, please let me know. Any other feedback is welcome as well.

Thanks,

Jason

Hab Tino
jahanzaib noor
松珂 余
Ghazala Arshad
Hlllll (X)

Esmeralda Gómez
Esmeralda Gómez
Spain
Local time: 15:35
English to Spanish
+ ...
I do not agree Jul 21, 2013

Hi, Jason,
I do not think it necessary at all in this case -or other cases as well, for security reasons-to show my second surname or full address, i.e., floor, apartment.
Regards,
Trad Siniestros

Dagnaw Daniel

Liliana Marquesini
Liliana Marquesini  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to Spanish
second address Oct 9, 2013

Hi, I would like to be able to add a second address. In my case, displaying only 1 address, doesn't allow me to receive job alerts in my other place of residence, missing many opportunities.
Thanks

Hab Tino
Ana Jimenez H.

Carsten Mohr
Carsten Mohr  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Italian to German
+ ...
second address Jan 9, 2014

Hello,

just as Liliana said, I would like to be able to add a second address. Living between Italy and Germany, it would be good to be able to insert both locations.

Thank you and happy new year!

Carsten

Konjit Berhane
Ana Jimenez H.

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Address Jan 9, 2014

Hi Jason,
Your efforts at improvement are much appreciated but I agree with Trad Siniestros as I think including such information, not just place, can be dangerous.
Regards,
Josephine Cassar

Andrew Langdon-Davies (X)
Andrew Langdon-Davies (X)
Spain
Catalan to English
+ ...
Spain address fields incorrect Jun 27, 2014

The options given for the "State / Region / Province" field are none of the three. They are called 'Autonomous Communities'. What's more, instead of appearing in English, like the country name (Spain), they appear in Spanish (e.g. Cataluña, when the local native form is Catalunya and the English form is Catalonia) and are sometimes incorrectly spelt (Andalucia instead of Andalucía, in Spanish; Andalusia, in English).

André Schwarz
André Schwarz  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:35
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Regrading Postal Code Dec 23, 2014

I think the ZIP/Postal code should be in the same category of the street address. It is currently in the same group of the city and region.

Today I just realized that it was fully visible to all visitors, posing itself as a possible security risk, as I chose to hide my address and show only my location (i.e., city and state/region/province). In my country, the Postal Code literally gives away my street address and should not be handled in the same way as my location in a broader sen
... See more
I think the ZIP/Postal code should be in the same category of the street address. It is currently in the same group of the city and region.

Today I just realized that it was fully visible to all visitors, posing itself as a possible security risk, as I chose to hide my address and show only my location (i.e., city and state/region/province). In my country, the Postal Code literally gives away my street address and should not be handled in the same way as my location in a broader sense.

Thus, I think that it should have a category of its own, at the very least.
Collapse

Abdo Zeen

nimrodtran
nimrodtran
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
WHEN I PAID MY SUBSCRIPTION THERE WAS NOT RULE TO STAY ALWAYS IN THE SAME ADDRESS Jan 12, 2017

I travel continually. Today in Spain, tomorrow in US, next week in South America.

NOW I CAN'T CHANGE MY ADDRESS!!!!!!

Ana Jimenez H.

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I see you have disabled the "Location" section of your profile Jan 13, 2017

Dear nimrodtran,

I see you have disabled the "Location" section of your profile by indicating that you don't want to enter your address. Before you can edit your address, you should cancel that setting. You can do so by going to https://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact , clicking on the "Change" button for the "Location" section, and then clicking on "Undo". You will
... See more
Dear nimrodtran,

I see you have disabled the "Location" section of your profile by indicating that you don't want to enter your address. Before you can edit your address, you should cancel that setting. You can do so by going to https://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact , clicking on the "Change" button for the "Location" section, and then clicking on "Undo". You will be able to edit your address afterwards.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Béatrice (X)
Béatrice (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
URL Jan 20, 2017

I have changed my address and got a "URL not valid" message. No update possible. Please advise.

Regards,

http://www.proz.com/translator/97423

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
This seems to be a bug Jan 23, 2017

Dear Béatrice,

Thank you for reporting this. I have forwarded this to site developers for fixing. I will post here once a solution has been found. Thank you!

Best regards,
Alejandro

Alejandro Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
You should be able to edit your address now Jan 23, 2017

Dear Béatrice,

You should be able to edit your address now. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let me know if you have any question or need anything else.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:35
Italian to English
UK Regions/States/Provinces Feb 8, 2017

In UK postal addresses, the use of England/Scotland/Wales/N Ireland is much less important than the name of the county, especially when the address already contains UK or United Kingdom.

okyere michael

Annabel Lemke
Annabel Lemke
United States
Local time: 08:35
German to English
Indicate Time Zone Mar 30, 2017

I think it should be possible to indicate the time zone and map location without giving the address, since that is personal information.

Irsa Imran

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Address entry form updated

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »