Thread poster: Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui
Lincoln Hui  Identity Verified
Hong Kong
Local time: 10:12
Chinese to English
+ ...
Aug 3, 2020

Title. As shown in screenshot, the "City" field will always display lower-case letters only after you Save your address in your profile.

This is a problem because by default the ProZ invoice system automatically retrieves this address, so it will always show a city that is in lower-case letters only.

Please fix this.

city

Viesturs Lacis
Viesturs Lacis  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 04:12
English to Latvian
I suspect an issue with stored city names Aug 3, 2020

You may briefly notice the "spinning circle" at the end of the field when entering information. This implies that some sort of information retrieval is taking place. Indeed, the HTML code hints at some sort of autocomplete/autocorrect function (which I currently do not have the time to study further).

I just checked that the name of "RIGA", the capital city of Latvia, is converted to all caps upon saving, while others, such as my town, correctly retain the initial capital only. I th
... See more
You may briefly notice the "spinning circle" at the end of the field when entering information. This implies that some sort of information retrieval is taking place. Indeed, the HTML code hints at some sort of autocomplete/autocorrect function (which I currently do not have the time to study further).

I just checked that the name of "RIGA", the capital city of Latvia, is converted to all caps upon saving, while others, such as my town, correctly retain the initial capital only. I therefore think these might be compared and "autocorrected" from a secondary source (a database?) of city names, which is where the issues should be found and rectified.
Collapse

Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 23:12
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Thank you for bringing this to attention Aug 3, 2020

Lincoln Hui wrote:
As shown in screenshot, the "City" field will always display lower-case letters only after you Save your address in your profile.

Dear Lincoln, thank you for bringing this to attention. I have reported this issue to the development team for them to look into it as soon as possible.

In the meantime, if you need the capitalization or any other detail of your invoice updated for billing purposes, please feel free to submit a support request.

Kind regards,

Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

"City" field in profile does not recognize upper-case letters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »