No BaccS licence number, no support, no way to contact ABYBODY THERE?????
Thread poster: Elena Rodríguez
Elena Rodríguez
Elena Rodríguez  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 13:36
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 4, 2019

I have been searching this site for support, I mean, someone actually replying and not directing me to articles or machine messages...
I paid full membership months ago, which included the programme BaccS, but have no license number, now I would like to have it and all I get is this "BaccS is no longer available".
I do have it in my computer, but the license number should have been received when purchased membership and there must be a copy or similar... But there is nobody here at
... See more
I have been searching this site for support, I mean, someone actually replying and not directing me to articles or machine messages...
I paid full membership months ago, which included the programme BaccS, but have no license number, now I would like to have it and all I get is this "BaccS is no longer available".
I do have it in my computer, but the license number should have been received when purchased membership and there must be a copy or similar... But there is nobody here at Proz to answer, I am so angry after days trying... THis is very dissapointing, not up to the 180 euros I paid for membership.
I feel robbed!
WiLL SOMEONE REPLY???
Elena Rodríguez
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:36
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
The obvious solution Nov 4, 2019

Elena Rodríguez wrote:
I do have it in my computer, but the license number should have been received when purchased membership and there must be a copy or similar... But there is nobody here at Proz to answer, I am so angry after days trying... THis is very dissapointing, not up to the 180 euros I paid for membership.
I feel robbed!
WiLL SOMEONE REPLY???
Elena Rodríguez

I imagine you've tried this but just in case you haven't. You can send staff a Support Ticket. There are shortcuts from all over the site (e.g. at the bottom of this page). Or send it from here:
https://www.proz.com/support?force_proz_support=1&mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit&hsCtaTracking=8fda9c09-f9b3-4c15-a1da-9bb24192d316|6a921cc9-807b-494b-a79f-cb3a9fc80167

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:36
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Proz.com support request? Nov 4, 2019

Hi Elena,

Have you sent in a support request yet?

This can be done at: https://www.proz.com/support?mode=ask

Michael

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
BaccS = SDL Trados Business Manager Nov 4, 2019

BaccS has recently been acquired by SDL and rebranded as SDL Trados Business Manager.

ProZ Plus members should be able to enjoy full access as described here: https://tinyurl.com/BaccsFreeForPlus

There is no licence number per se, you simply connect with your ProZ.com credentials (internet connection required every 14 days).

The new official product and document
... See more
BaccS has recently been acquired by SDL and rebranded as SDL Trados Business Manager.

ProZ Plus members should be able to enjoy full access as described here: https://tinyurl.com/BaccsFreeForPlus

There is no licence number per se, you simply connect with your ProZ.com credentials (internet connection required every 14 days).

The new official product and documentation page should be made readily available to ProZ Plus members, to avoid unnecessary frustrations.

In general, I find there has been a lack of information regarding this migration. Clear communication is a virtue…

Jean

Edit: I'm not even sure where to find a download link to share. If anyone knows, please do.
Edit2: Probable download link: https://www.ibaccs.com/Manage/DownloadWindowsApp

[Edited at 2019-11-05 08:28 GMT]
Collapse

John Fossey
John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 07:36
Member (2008)
French to English
+ ...
Activating BaccS Nov 4, 2019

To activate BaccS, assuming you have Proz.com Plus membership, open BaccS and go to Settings (the white gear icon in the top left corner) > Integrations

In the Proz.com section, click "Check Plus subscription". The check mark should become green.

Then click " Connect ProZ.com account (auto mode)". The Proz.com Connection Status should say Connected.

Close BaccS and restart.

It worked for me.

DZiW (X)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No BaccS licence number, no support, no way to contact ABYBODY THERE?????

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »