Trados Purchase through Proz group buy: Money paid , no response, no activation key
Thread poster: Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
Local time: 23:14
English to Arabic
+ ...
Oct 14, 2019

I purchased SDL Trados studio 2019 through Proz group buy and paid through bank transfer on 27.09.2019. Still didn't receive any confirmation, activation key, or licence?!

I have contacted Trados support teams as well as Trados sales team many many times and sent the proof of payment !! still no helpful answer... or no answer at all!

What is to do ?

[Edited at 2019-10-14 15:25 GMT]

Irina Lazarescu
Irina Lazarescu  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 00:14
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Check bank payment Oct 14, 2019

Hello,
Check with your bank the details of payment.
It happened to me once that the bank details for SDL Global Solutions or the bank address (are mentioned in the invoice you received) were not correct and the payment was refused by the bank from Ireland to my bank. I had to make the payment again with a second bank fee, of course.
Later check your sdl id account /licences if you have received a key and the link to download the software.
Good luck!

[Edited at
... See more
Hello,
Check with your bank the details of payment.
It happened to me once that the bank details for SDL Global Solutions or the bank address (are mentioned in the invoice you received) were not correct and the payment was refused by the bank from Ireland to my bank. I had to make the payment again with a second bank fee, of course.
Later check your sdl id account /licences if you have received a key and the link to download the software.
Good luck!

[Edited at 2019-10-14 18:34 GMT]
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
SDL Trados & ProZ.com TGB process Oct 15, 2019

Hi Ebrahim, thanks for choosing ProZ.com TGB for your software needs. Apologies that the process wasn't clear. ProZ.com markets & promotes the sale, and then to complete the purchase, you were sent a link to SDL. To complete the purchase you would have had to login to your SDL account, or make an account at SDL's side. SDL licensing is done through their system. You will not receive a license key code, but rather the software is made available for you to download from your SDL account.
... See more
Hi Ebrahim, thanks for choosing ProZ.com TGB for your software needs. Apologies that the process wasn't clear. ProZ.com markets & promotes the sale, and then to complete the purchase, you were sent a link to SDL. To complete the purchase you would have had to login to your SDL account, or make an account at SDL's side. SDL licensing is done through their system. You will not receive a license key code, but rather the software is made available for you to download from your SDL account.

If you have forgotten your password or login you can request retrieval here - https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/

Once you login to your SDL account you will see your order/purchases and downloads. Simply download and install the software from your SDL account.

If you have questions about your order you can contact [email protected]

For assistance on installing SDL Trados software start at https://www.sdltrados.com/support/installation-licensing.html

Thanks again for choosing ProZ.com TGB for your software needs.

Regards,

Drew
Collapse

Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
activation key Oct 15, 2019

Hi Drew,
Unbenannt

I have downloaded the software. it still needs to be activated with an activation key:

Drew MacFadyen wrote:

If you have forgotten your password or login you can request retrieval here - https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/

Once you login to your SDL account you will see your order/purchases and downloads. Simply download and install the software from your SDL account.

If you have questions about your order you can contact [email protected]

For assistance on installing SDL Trados software start at https://www.sdltrados.com/support/installation-licensing.html

Thanks again for choosing ProZ.com TGB for your software needs.

Regards,

Drew

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ebrahim Oct 15, 2019

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
I have downloaded the software. It still needs to be activated with an activation key.

Did the money leave your bank account yet?

As far as I know, the activation key is the letters and numbers above the product on the "licenses" page:
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/licenses.aspx

Go to that URL. You will be asked to log in. Fill in your e-mail address as the login name, and if you don't remember your password, ask the web site to reset the password. Then go to that URL again, then log in, and then go to that same URL again. Eventually you'll be logged in, and when you go to that URL, you'll end up on a page that looks similar to this:

activation key

Drew MacFadyen wrote:
You will not receive a license key code, but rather the software is made available for you to download from your SDL account. ... Simply download and install the software from your SDL account.

I can see how Drew's comments could be confusing. He makes it sound as if you don't need an activation key, and that the product will be activated automatically if you download it after you logged in. But that is not so: you do need an activation key. As far as I know, the activation key is that strings of numbers and letters shown above (second red arrow).

[Edited at 2019-10-15 17:06 GMT]

Sandra & Kenneth Grossman
Sandra & Kenneth Grossman  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 00:14
French to English
+ ...
Same activation code as 2017 Oct 15, 2019

Hi Ebrahim,
If you have Studio 2017, the activation code is the same, so just copy-paste and you are good to go.
HTH,
Sandra

Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
my "licenses" page is empty Oct 15, 2019

Hi Samuel,

1. The money is already transferred; I have got a confirmation of the transfer from my bank that the money is transferred to the bank account for the right purpose purpose and under the order number for the purpose. A proof of payment was sent to the order-processing team, an Email was sent two times , and no reaction or response whatsoever from the order-processing team..

2. my "licenses" page is empty

Unbenannt

Samuel Murray wrote:

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
I have downloaded the software. It still needs to be activated with an activation key.

Did the money leave your bank account yet?

As far as I know, the activation key is the letters and numbers above the product on the "licenses" page:
https://oos.sdl.com/asp/products/ssl/account/mylicenses/licenses.aspx

Go to that URL. You will be asked to log in. Fill in your e-mail address as the login name, and if you don't remember your password, ask the web site to reset the password. Then go to that URL again, then log in, and then go to that same URL again. Eventually you'll be logged in, and when you go to that URL, you'll end up on a page that looks similar to this:

activation key

Drew MacFadyen wrote:
You will not receive a license key code, but rather the software is made available for you to download from your SDL account. ... Simply download and install the software from your SDL account.

I can see how Drew's comments could be confusing. He makes it sound as if you don't need an activation key, and that the product will be activated automatically if you download it after you logged in. But that is not so: you do need an activation key. As far as I know, the activation key is that strings of numbers and letters shown above (second red arrow).

[Edited at 2019-10-15 17:06 GMT]

Ebrahim Mohammed
Ebrahim Mohammed
Germany
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no previous version of SDL Trados Oct 15, 2019

HI Sandra& Kenneth,

no I don't have any previous version of SDL Trados; I just had a trial version,

Sandra& Kenneth wrote:

Hi Ebrahim,
If you have Studio 2017, the activation code is the same, so just copy-paste and you are good to go.
HTH,
Sandra

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ebrahim Oct 15, 2019

Ebrahim mohammed wrote:
A proof of payment was sent to the order-processing team, an Email was sent two times , and no reaction or response whatsoever from the order-processing team.. ... my "licenses" page is empty

Then the next step would be to post your complaint to:
https://community.sdl.com/solutions/language/translationproductivity/f/90

And you can contact Trados via their Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/sdltrados/

Ebrahim Mohammed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Purchase through Proz group buy: Money paid , no response, no activation key

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »