Thread poster: freemantis
freemantis
freemantis
Malaysia
Malay to English
+ ...
May 15, 2016

Hi guys,

I am new to ProZ. May I know how are translators paid here? Do they liase on their own (email, etc) with the project owner and determine their payment method there or does ProZ provide its own secure platform to let payers pay translators?

TQ.

MD ISLAM

Rolf Kern
Rolf Kern  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 01:04
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
ProZ May 15, 2016

Proz is just a tranlator portal and does not commission translators.
Rolf

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:04
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Mantis May 15, 2016

freemantis wrote:
May I know how are translators paid here? Do they liase on their own (email, etc) with the project owner and determine their payment method there, or...

Yes, clients can post notices of potential jobs on ProZ.com, and translators can bid on these jobs via ProZ.com's system, but starting from the point that a client selects a translator, all correspondence is done directly (not via ProZ.com), e.g. via e-mail or Skype, and all delivery, invoicing and payment is arranged directly between the translator and the client.

...does ProZ provide its own secure platform to let payers pay translators?

No, for ordinary members, ProZ.com does not provide a payment platform.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How are ProZ Translators Paid?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »