Job invitations sent by companies from the translation center powered by ProZ.com
Thread poster: Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth
Gabriele Demuth  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:24
English to German
Dec 2, 2015

Since yesterday I keep getting e-mails from ViewGlobally who are apparently powered by Proz.com?

They sent me an e-mail saying that they had various EN-DE projects and asked me to send them my CV, which I did not.

This morning I had an e-mail asking me to log on with my Proz id or set up a profile to get access to their site in order to pick up translation jobs, which I did not.

Just now they sent me an e-mail with a short translation job available (103 w
... See more
Since yesterday I keep getting e-mails from ViewGlobally who are apparently powered by Proz.com?

They sent me an e-mail saying that they had various EN-DE projects and asked me to send them my CV, which I did not.

This morning I had an e-mail asking me to log on with my Proz id or set up a profile to get access to their site in order to pick up translation jobs, which I did not.

Just now they sent me an e-mail with a short translation job available (103 words).

I can't make sense of this and assume that this is a scam somewhere down the line?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2015-12-02 14:13 GMT]
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 06:24
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
This is a legitimate invitation to the translation center powered by ProZ.com Dec 2, 2015

Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

ViewGlobally is a legitimate translation company with impeccable Blue Board records. ViewGlobally is one of the several companies that are operating an instance of the translation center powered by ProZ.com..

Your concerns helps us realize that the notifications sent to translators are not clear enough (this is my fault, not ViewGlo
... See more
Hi Gabriele,

Thanks for sharing your concerns.

ViewGlobally is a legitimate translation company with impeccable Blue Board records. ViewGlobally is one of the several companies that are operating an instance of the translation center powered by ProZ.com..

Your concerns helps us realize that the notifications sent to translators are not clear enough (this is my fault, not ViewGlobally's). We will work on these notifications to make them more clear to service providers who are not familiar with this platform.

Kind regards,
Enrique Cavalitto
ProZ.com Program Manager
Collapse

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Not a clue Dec 2, 2015

I didn't have any idea this even existed. I don't recall any notification about it either.

Inter-Tra
Inter-Tra  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:24
English to Italian
+ ...
a lead if I may Dec 2, 2015

Hallo Gabriele,

I agree the agency has really very good Blue Board records. The first page/window of the platform it is also very clear.

A couple of uncertainties are

firstly, there is no single name or e-mail you that can be read somewhere.
Therefore, I would dare to say, even if it is a platform, it is too virtual.

Secondly, once at 'Your translation center, powered
... See more
Hallo Gabriele,

I agree the agency has really very good Blue Board records. The first page/window of the platform it is also very clear.

A couple of uncertainties are

firstly, there is no single name or e-mail you that can be read somewhere.
Therefore, I would dare to say, even if it is a platform, it is too virtual.

Secondly, once at 'Your translation center, powered by ProZ.com', I took a while to grasp to scroll the page down, but maybe this is just me.

Thirdly, perhaps benefits & advantages to use the platform should be more.. intuitive.., visually and/or with keywords.

Thank you!
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
This was announced on the blog Dec 2, 2015

Walter Landesman wrote:

I didn't have any idea this even existed. I don't recall any notification about it either.

Hi Walter,

A blog post was published when the translation center developed for Translators without Borders was made available to ProZ.com corporate members, and this was also included in the ProZ.com newsletter.

Several translation companies are currently using this platform for their commercial activities. In each case, an instance of the translation center is created for the company, to manage it with full control of the operation, and displaying the company's logo and name. ProZ.com role here is simply the technical support of the platform (and providing support to the companies when requested by them).

Corporate members interested in using this platform should submit a support request.

Regards,
Enrique

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
OK Dec 2, 2015

OK, Enrique, I might have missed it somehow.

Gabriele Demuth
United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Hi Enrique, Dec 2, 2015

What I do still not understand is why I was bombarded by e-mails and even told there is a job available despite not having reacted to any of the e-mails, nor have I logged in or signed up anywhere.

ViewGlobally
ViewGlobally
Lithuania
Local time: 12:24
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Database Dec 2, 2015

Gabriele Demuth wrote:

What I do still not understand is why I was bombarded by e-mails and even told there is a job available despite not having reacted to any of the e-mails, nor have I logged in or signed up anywhere.

Gabriele, sorry for bombarding you with emails and notifications, your email address was within our database, we are working on moving to translation to allocate our projects, your email was added to it, once we started posting jobs, notifications were sent automatically.
Sorry for this, no more notifications will come from our side
Have a great day

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Sorry for the inconveniences Dec 2, 2015

Gabriele Demuth wrote:

Hi Gabriele,

It is clear that the notifications sent to translators (especially the first invitation) should be more clear.
The invitation sent includes a link to decline the invitation. When you do so, you will receive no further notifications from that instance of the translation center.

Regards,
Enrique

Gabriele Demuth
United Kingdom
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
I generally wouldn't mind such notifications Dec 2, 2015

as long as I have signed up with the agency and know what the conditions and the rates are.

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Forum announcement made Dec 2, 2015

Dear members,

I posted an updated announcement at the Translators Coop forum.

Regards,
Enrique

Charlie Bavington
Charlie Bavington  Identity Verified
French to English
To be fair to the OP Dec 2, 2015

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

The invitation sent includes a link to decline the invitation. When you do so, ....

If you think you're being spammed or scammed, the last thing the security-minded computer user does is click on the links in the email causing concern.

Enrique Cavalitto
Argentina
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
Of course! Dec 2, 2015

Charlie Bavington wrote:

Enrique Cavalitto wrote:

The invitation sent includes a link to decline the invitation. When you do so, ....

If you think you're being spammed or scammed, the last thing the security-minded computer user does is click on the links in the email causing concern.

This is why I stated above that the notifications will be improved to better explain its nature.

Regards,
Enrique

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Job invitations sent by companies from the translation center powered by ProZ.com

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »