Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:26
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Oct 7, 2015

I'm puzzled.
When following up a "call for entries" regarding agencies today, I noticed that an agency (in Italy) with nothing but 5s on its Blue Board, had been "banned from posting jobs at Proz", but with no explanation. The banned agency's record included a referral to the Blue Board record of another agency all of whose entries were likewise 5s. Curiouser and curiouser.
It would be helpful if Proz could give some indication of WHY an apparently satisfactory agency has been banned
... See more
I'm puzzled.
When following up a "call for entries" regarding agencies today, I noticed that an agency (in Italy) with nothing but 5s on its Blue Board, had been "banned from posting jobs at Proz", but with no explanation. The banned agency's record included a referral to the Blue Board record of another agency all of whose entries were likewise 5s. Curiouser and curiouser.
It would be helpful if Proz could give some indication of WHY an apparently satisfactory agency has been banned. Is that possible? Wouldn't it be a good idea?
Comments, please, dear Prozians.
Dear site staff - if this is in the wrong category, please move it for me.
Collapse

Anna Rita Gamba
Anna Rita Gamba  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:26
English to Italian
+ ...
Same curiosity Oct 7, 2015

Hi Jenny, I noticed a similar situation some time ago, though I didn't take note at the time of the agency's name. I was equally curious to know the reason why since there was apparently no reason. Let's wait for Proz staff's answer or comment.

Have a nice day

Anna Rita

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Note posted in accordance with the site's termination policy Oct 7, 2015

Dear Jenny,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Outsourcers are banned from posting jobs on ProZ.com in accordance with the site's termination policy: http://www.proz.com/termination_policy . This ban is also generally extended to those outsourcers who are closely linked to each other.

As outsourcers cannot be discussed in the forums, specific details should be reque
... See more
Dear Jenny,

Thanks for bringing this up.

Outsourcers are banned from posting jobs on ProZ.com in accordance with the site's termination policy: http://www.proz.com/termination_policy . This ban is also generally extended to those outsourcers who are closely linked to each other.

As outsourcers cannot be discussed in the forums, specific details should be requested via the site's support center: http://www.proz.com/support/ . Reports of this kind are also helpful in detecting cases in which old issues need to be reevaluated or investigated.

I hope this explains, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Agencies banned from posting jobs at Proz

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »