Graham Perra
Graham Perra
Canada
Local time: 07:28
English to French
+ ...
Nov 16, 2017

Hello all,

I have a mandatory practicum coming up in the summer of 2018. Given that I already have a BA in international relations and have studied law before, now that I am doing a BA in translation (EN/ES ->FR), I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Unfortunately, being that I'm not a master's
... See more
Hello all,

I have a mandatory practicum coming up in the summer of 2018. Given that I already have a BA in international relations and have studied law before, now that I am doing a BA in translation (EN/ES ->FR), I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Unfortunately, being that I'm not a master's student, I can't apply for UN internships, and the deadline has already passed for the Interamerican court for human rights. I can't apply for the European Union parliamentary internships as I don't have EU citizenship.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks alot,

Graham
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:28
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
TWB? Nov 17, 2017

grahamperra wrote:
I would like to do my practicum for a major human rights NGO or international organization in Europe or Latin America. Does any one know of good places that have translation departments where I could try applying?

Translators Without Borders seems to be an obvious choice. I don't think they have anything much other than translation and interpreting departments .

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Human rights NGOs for EN/ES -> FR practicum

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »