Natasha Ziada (X)
Natasha Ziada (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:29
English to Dutch
+ ...
@ Texte Style Jul 30, 2017

Texte Style wrote:

I'm roaming through texts on the same subject and noticing a particular word often crops up in target language texts, yet I haven't used it. I go back and look to see whether I could have done. Sometimes I rewrite everything to include such a word if it seems to be a buzz word.

(Sorry if slightly OT:) I love all your suggestions to produce a better and more natural sounding translation, but I'm genuinely curious about the need to get a certain buzz word in. Doesn't that have the risk of the text going the other way and straying too far from the source, just for the sake of sounding popular? I sometimes get a bit tired reading blogs or social media posts, for example, aimed at attracting as many views as possible and all using the same hyped-up word du jour. It might be platform/topic dependent, though.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for free or low-cost resources to improve writing skills

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »