Help for research paper!
Thread poster: andreavizuete94
andreavizuete94
andreavizuete94
Ecuador
Local time: 11:54
Dec 12, 2016

Hi, everyone. I am a translation student from Ecuador. I am working on a research paper about the different skills and competences required by translators and subtitlers. I was wondering if some of you could help me by answering short questionnaires about my topic. If you are willing to help me, please contact me so I can send you the questions. There are three types of questionnaires. The first one is for people working in the sutitling industry, the second one is for professional translators a... See more
Hi, everyone. I am a translation student from Ecuador. I am working on a research paper about the different skills and competences required by translators and subtitlers. I was wondering if some of you could help me by answering short questionnaires about my topic. If you are willing to help me, please contact me so I can send you the questions. There are three types of questionnaires. The first one is for people working in the sutitling industry, the second one is for professional translators and the last one is for professionals who have acquired professional training in subtitling. I would appreciate if some of you could help me. Thanks!Collapse

Mario Chavez (X)
Mario Chavez (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Research Dec 12, 2016

Sorry to break it to you, Andrea, but culling data from a survey of opinion is not serious research. Surveys are interesting to give color to a theory or hypothesis, especially for magazine articles, but not for university- or journal-quality research.

I'm a PhD student.

DZiW (X)
DZiW (X)
Ukraine
English to Russian
+ ...
Really? Dec 12, 2016

Mario, have you ever heard, perhaps, about statistics, symposiums, sociological studies, interviewing, and so on?
What about a work to analyse urgent/topical data NOW, not published a few years go?
When prepared and done properly, it's but one of the reliable (trusted!) sources.
Come again.

Andrea, how about SurveyMonkey and other *free* on-line services, so respondents could use the link?
I feel a bit reluctant to contact someone just to get questions.
... See more
Mario, have you ever heard, perhaps, about statistics, symposiums, sociological studies, interviewing, and so on?
What about a work to analyse urgent/topical data NOW, not published a few years go?
When prepared and done properly, it's but one of the reliable (trusted!) sources.
Come again.

Andrea, how about SurveyMonkey and other *free* on-line services, so respondents could use the link?
I feel a bit reluctant to contact someone just to get questions.

Both cheers)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help for research paper!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »