Looking for a good online CAT Tool
Thread poster: Esther Levy
Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:50
English to Czech
Wordfast Server is not for post-editing Nov 15, 2018

Esther Levy wrote:

I've been using WF Pro for several years now, but WF Anywhere is not suitable for us.

WF has a server solution that I have to look into also.

Hello Esther,

On Wordfast Server are only "resources" = TMs and glossaries. WF Server serves to desktop WFC, WFP or to online WFA.

https://wordfast.com/products_wordfast_server

"Increased Productivity

With Wordfast Server, internal and external resources are able to connect simultaneously to one or more translation memories, decreasing the amount of new content that needs to be translated and eliminating the need to align TMs at the end of a project."

Cheers,
Milan

Milan Condak
Milan Condak  Identity Verified
English to Czech
Translation Management System Nov 16, 2018

Esther Levy wrote:

One of my clients has been trying to improve their organization and chose to switch from Google Docs to an online CAT Tool.

Maybe you are looking for TMS (Translation Management System). e.g. GlobalSight.

A text from www.globalsight.com

GlobalSight is an open-source Translation Management System (TMS) that automates, streamlines, and manages the localization process.
Upon upload, files for translation are routed along a customized workflow that can include both machine and human steps. Translations, reviews and edits are done online using the GlobalSight editors or offline by downloading translation kits for each of the main industry-standard tools. The completed files are then finalized and made available for download.

Welocalize GlobalSight TMS solution utilizes workflow management to support a multiple vendor strategy.

GlobalSight provides an integrated thin-client interface for users (both internal and external).
Any number of users and workflows can be configured within GlobalSight supporting a multi-vendor strategy.

GlobalSight provides online translation review support for both internal and external reviewers. Reviewers will be able to participate in translation review phases very easily through GlobalSight’s review process.
---
I have no practical experience with it.

Milan

Jorge Payan

Wojciech Mocek
Wojciech Mocek  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
Re: Online CAT tool for a full organization Jan 16, 2019

Good morning Esther,

have you been able to evaluate some of the TMS?
Regarding full organization I have an experience with Wordbee and it offers very rich set of features in that respect.
Wordbee has 15 days trial period as far as I am aware, so you can try it.
I have been personally using Wordbee while working for a huge US based translation agency and depending on your needs you might find valuable tool.

@Minh Nguyen: could you explain a bit more the
... See more
Good morning Esther,

have you been able to evaluate some of the TMS?
Regarding full organization I have an experience with Wordbee and it offers very rich set of features in that respect.
Wordbee has 15 days trial period as far as I am aware, so you can try it.
I have been personally using Wordbee while working for a huge US based translation agency and depending on your needs you might find valuable tool.

@Minh Nguyen: could you explain a bit more the rating you have given to each solution?

Have a very blessed day.
All the best
Wojciech
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Looking for a good online CAT Tool

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »