Thread poster: Hugo Vignal (X)
Hugo Vignal (X)
Hugo Vignal (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
Apr 8, 2018

Dear ProZ members,

My name is Hugo Vignal and I am currently studying in the final year of my multilingual specialized translation Master's degree in Grenoble (France).

I am working on a thesis about post-editing and its impact on translator ergonomics. I would really appreciate if you could take a few minute of your time for sharing your opinion with me by answering the following questions. Please feel free to add any additional comment. Thanks a lot in advance!
... See more
Dear ProZ members,

My name is Hugo Vignal and I am currently studying in the final year of my multilingual specialized translation Master's degree in Grenoble (France).

I am working on a thesis about post-editing and its impact on translator ergonomics. I would really appreciate if you could take a few minute of your time for sharing your opinion with me by answering the following questions. Please feel free to add any additional comment. Thanks a lot in advance!

1) Do you thing machine translation ineluctably affect the quality of the translation?
2) Do you think machine translation is ever going to replace human translation?
3) Do you think machine translation discredit the value of human translation in the mind of the general public?
4) Can we say that a good translator will be a good post-editor?
5) Is post-editing a specific task that can be a professional field of expertise?
6) How can translators take advantage of post-editing?
7) Is post-editing an appropriate answer to the increasing amount of material to be translated on the internet?
8) Can post-editing be the solution to use machine translation in a more appropriate and accurate way?
9) Is machine translation currently seen as were the CAT tools a few years ago?
10) Is post-editing a must-have skill to new translators for the upcoming years?

Once more, thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Hugo Vignal
Collapse

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:53
German to English
+ ...
still waiting Apr 12, 2018

I was one of the people who answered your questions on another site, and so far you have not responded there. Will you respond here if anyone answers?

Hugo Vignal (X)
Hugo Vignal (X)
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here I am Apr 28, 2018

Dear Maxi Schwarz,

Sorry I took so long to answer the feed. I just updated it and I hope that we carry on discussing this interesting matter with all of you.

All the best,

Hugo

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Opinion needed : research on postediting and translator's ergonomics

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »