Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: In which field do you translate most often?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Paulinho Fonseca
Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 09:59
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
IT, Apps, mining equipment and fleet control manuals. Jul 15, 2019

100% of my workload is related to the fields above.

Maria Silvestri
Maria Silvestri  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2010)
Italian to English
+ ...
I work the most in whatever's paying me the most at the time Jul 15, 2019

While the conventional wisdom among some translators seems to be to specialize, specialize, specialize, there are a few fields I work in most (legal, financial, pharmaceuticals) that also seem to correspond with where demand is in my language pairs.
I do this work to make money, you know?!

MarinaM
MarinaM  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Travel industry Jul 16, 2019

Tourism and hospitality

PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 18:29
English to Hindi
+ ...
Lot of areas at the same time Jul 17, 2019

I deal in almost all fields including technical,educational, general, media-newspapers, audio-visuals, etc. etc. It's more than 15 years now and I love to complete challenging jobs satisfying all of my beloved customers.
However, translation rates are quite down in Indian subcontinent, and the fact is compelling me to look for alternative earning ways. However, those who pay handsomely and in advance, I am always open for them as a dedicated freelancer. I have to think and rethink to work
... See more
I deal in almost all fields including technical,educational, general, media-newspapers, audio-visuals, etc. etc. It's more than 15 years now and I love to complete challenging jobs satisfying all of my beloved customers.
However, translation rates are quite down in Indian subcontinent, and the fact is compelling me to look for alternative earning ways. However, those who pay handsomely and in advance, I am always open for them as a dedicated freelancer. I have to think and rethink to work for those, whose payment terms are strict even for first two jobs! And, I love those, who trust me and send me advance payments happily. Thus, I also gain genuine customers usually and those penny-rate seeking outsourcers stay far from me.

Blessings for all those outsourcers and agencies, who pay handsomely to their translators and help them stand tall with full dignity and respect in our society. Special blessings for those, who readily pay me in advance, usually! Because they are the reasons of my smiles and happy moments, always!
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: In which field do you translate most often?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »