Poll: Who runs your household?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
ProZ.com Staff
SITE STAFF
Apr 30, 2018

This forum topic is for the discussion of the poll question "Who runs your household?".

View the poll results »

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 14:34
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I do, because I'm the only one Apr 30, 2018

I was married twice but I have been living alone for a long time now. I really do enjoy living alone: I love my space, my job, my freedom and my own company…

Elizabeth Tamblin
Elizabeth Tamblin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
French to English
A team effort Apr 30, 2018

The dogs pretty much have it covered. They have trained us to do whatever they want.

Muriel Vasconcellos
Muriel Vasconcellos  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:34
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other: My dog does Apr 30, 2018

Well seriously, I live alone by choice. At this stage in my life it's a joy to have my independence. But my dog is very clever at making sure I stick to her schedule.

[Edited at 2018-04-30 09:14 GMT]

Jennifer Levey
Jennifer Levey  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 11:34
Spanish to English
+ ...
Other: No one! Apr 30, 2018

Like Teresa and Muriel, I enjoy living alone.

But I hate housekeeping – and as I look around me I cringe at the disorder.

I’ll have to buckle down to it today, though. My domestic schedule (such as it is) runs on an 11-day cycle governed by the number of dinner plates I have. When they’re all sitting dirty in the kitchen sink (as at this very minute), I transfer them to the dishwasher and hit the ‘start’ button to start a new cycle. Ha! – “Why 11 days?�
... See more
Like Teresa and Muriel, I enjoy living alone.

But I hate housekeeping – and as I look around me I cringe at the disorder.

I’ll have to buckle down to it today, though. My domestic schedule (such as it is) runs on an 11-day cycle governed by the number of dinner plates I have. When they’re all sitting dirty in the kitchen sink (as at this very minute), I transfer them to the dishwasher and hit the ‘start’ button to start a new cycle. Ha! – “Why 11 days?” I hear you ask. Well it used to be a 12-day cycle. But on 27th February 2010 there were 11 dishes in the sink, dirty but in relative safety, whilst the twelfth one was on sitting on an open shelf. That day’s earthquake (8.8 on the Richter scale) toppled it to the floor (well, actually, the entire shelf collapsed, along with lots of other things in the house), and I’ve never got round to replacing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Chile_earthquake
Collapse

Justin Peterson
Justin Peterson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 15:34
Member (2007)
Spanish to English
The maid Apr 30, 2018

Which we can afford. Because this is Spain. And why I am never leaving.

Jessicagao
Jessicagao
Australia
Local time: 01:34
English to Chinese
It’s a team work Apr 30, 2018

The first time I saw the topic, I thought it was asking what’s your current household status. Because I am not married yet, thus most of the time I have to decide by myself. However I believe if I have a family, all major decisions shall be made by all family members due to respect.

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
"Who runs your household?"??! Apr 30, 2018

Seriously??? What sort of question is that??? As though there's got to be a "mistress of the house" and/or a "master of the house"

Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 11:34
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
I do May 1, 2018

The division is still scarce. My daughter does part o fit, my wife too, but I'm the only one who stays at home and can take care of things. This is temporary. They are both graduating soon, and things will surely change.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: Who runs your household?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »