Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Local time: 13:51
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2020

Hi there,

As you all probably know, the column "came from" in "Visitors" only states the name of the search engine which was used to find my page. I'm curious whether there is any way of finding out which exact keywords my proz page visitors used in those search engines that eventually lead them to my proz page? Any info relating to this topic would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Sarper Aman
Sarper Aman  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2019)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Plus Package Oct 30, 2020

I think it's possible with Proz Plus Package. They say so.

https://www.proz.com/profile_visitors

Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Oct 31, 2020

Sarper Aman wrote:

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
BOth languages Oct 31, 2020

Viktoriia Horiachko wrote:

Hi there,

As you all probably know, the column "came from" in "Visitors" only states the name of the search engine which was used to find my page. I'm curious whether there is any way of finding out which exact keywords my proz page visitors used in those search engines that eventually lead them to my proz page? Any info relating to this topic would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Your keywords should (of course) be in both languages: English and Ukrainian.

[Edited at 2020-10-31 16:52 GMT]

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:51
English to Dutch
supported search engines Nov 1, 2020

Sarper Aman wrote:

What they actually say is that they provide keyword data for supported search engines only. You might want to check with site staff which search engines are supported. I think some major search engines withhold keyword data for users that are logged into their accounts.

Viktoriia Horiachko

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:51
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Somehow Nov 2, 2020

Somehow, new prospective clients keep finding me and I have to assume it's because of my keywords, more than anything else. Needless to say, not all of these prospects turn into work but still, it's good to know that you can be found in the infinite labyrinth of the Internet.

[Edited at 2020-11-02 10:41 GMT]

Helen Shiner

Erwin van Wouw
Erwin van Wouw  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:51
English to Dutch
Search Nov 2, 2020

Tom in London wrote:

Somehow, new prospective clients keep finding me and I have to assume it's because of my keywords, more than anything else. Needless to say, not all of these prospects turn into work but still, it's good to know that you can be found in the infinite labyrinth of the Internet.

Some prospective clients search directly from the ProZ website. Their keywords are obviously visible to ProZ users. Also, some search engine users are not logged into their search engine account when doing a search.

Viktoriia Horiachko
Viktoriia Horiachko
Member (2019)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found a way of checking this for free using MOZ.com Nov 6, 2020

Update: I have found a way of checking searching which exact keywords leads to your website showing up in search results. And it's totally free

I signed up for a free trial month of MOZ.com - website with search engine optimization tools. Here is where you can check the keyword information: "keyword research" > "explore by site" > "ranking keywords" and if you paste link to your proz profile it will show these cool i
... See more
Update: I have found a way of checking searching which exact keywords leads to your website showing up in search results. And it's totally free

I signed up for a free trial month of MOZ.com - website with search engine optimization tools. Here is where you can check the keyword information: "keyword research" > "explore by site" > "ranking keywords" and if you paste link to your proz profile it will show these cool insights: keywords for which your proz profile page ranks in google, what is the ranking number and you can also filter results by country from which the searches are performed!

Just don't forget to cancel subscription before one month passes, otherwise it's not going to be free

Hope some of you will find this helpful!

Cheers

[Edited at 2020-11-06 15:39 GMT]
Collapse

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: spammer

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Keywords which my page visitors used that led them to my proz page

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »