Off topic: Express Scribe & Foot Pedal
Thread poster: James Hodges
James Hodges
James Hodges  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 18:16
Japanese to English
May 31, 2018

I use Express Scribe playback software for transcribing audio files of interviews. A couple of years ago, I bought a foot pedal with which the software should be able to be controlled (starting/stopping the playback). However, I cannot get it to work. The Express Scribe menu floats over the top of Microsoft Word. However, when I am typing in Microsoft Word, Express Scribe is deselected and the audio just plays in the background. I then have to click on it again with my mouse in order to regain c... See more
I use Express Scribe playback software for transcribing audio files of interviews. A couple of years ago, I bought a foot pedal with which the software should be able to be controlled (starting/stopping the playback). However, I cannot get it to work. The Express Scribe menu floats over the top of Microsoft Word. However, when I am typing in Microsoft Word, Express Scribe is deselected and the audio just plays in the background. I then have to click on it again with my mouse in order to regain control. Ideally, it would remain selected at all times over the top of the open Word document, and i could just control it with the pedal.

Any ideas?

Regards

James
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Express Scribe & Foot Pedal

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »