Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam
Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam
Local time: 15:52
English to French
+ ...
Mar 4, 2021

Hello everyone

I need your help please.
A company contacted me to write a script (scenario for medical appointments in English) and I don't know how much I can charge per word or per 1000 words. They offer me $0.01/w

Thanks for your replies.

[Edited at 2021-03-04 10:00 GMT]

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Are they serious? Mar 4, 2021

Writing a script can be a lot of work and should be paid per hour. Consequently, USD 0.01 per word can only be a joke.

Zeineb Nalouti
expressisverbis
Apolonia Dermit
Tina Vonhof (X)
Klára Kalamár
Vanda Nissen
Philip Lees

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 08:52
Dutch to English
+ ...
Suggestion Mar 4, 2021

I agree with Thayenga that the rate offered is ridiculous. Your hourly rate for this should be at least as high as that for translation. I suggest searching online for 'freelance copywriters', 'copywriting rates' and similar terms. That may give you an idea of what others charge for that service.

expressisverbis
Thayenga
Yuri Larin
Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
$0.50/word and up. Mar 4, 2021

But since is a “scenario for medical appointment”, they cetainly won’t be paying that rate. I wouldn’t expect good rates in this field. Much depends on your skills as well, as copywriting rates can vary a lot.

Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam

Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam
Néhémie Djuikouo Kouam
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Script rates Mar 5, 2021

Thank you all. I told the client that I do quality not quantity work, and his reply was that the 0.01USD was the budget per word, I refused.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rate for writing a script

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »