Looking for a good, flexible accounting software to issue invoices.
Thread poster: Nicolas Marxen
Nicolas Marxen
Nicolas Marxen  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 12:09
Member (2013)
German to French
+ ...
May 28, 2019

Hi there,

I am looking for a good accounting software (preferably for freelance translators) to issue and organise my invoices etc. Since I am registered in Luxembourg, it must be adaptable to the luxembourgish VAT-system. I have tried working with a couple of belgian and french programs, but they were of no use to me, unfortunately.
Besides, as I have to issue invoices in English, German and French, which is another problem, therefore I also need the software to be able to do
... See more
Hi there,

I am looking for a good accounting software (preferably for freelance translators) to issue and organise my invoices etc. Since I am registered in Luxembourg, it must be adaptable to the luxembourgish VAT-system. I have tried working with a couple of belgian and french programs, but they were of no use to me, unfortunately.
Besides, as I have to issue invoices in English, German and French, which is another problem, therefore I also need the software to be able to do that.

I am open to any ideas, recommendations and/or suggestions.

Thank you in advance for your help and feel free to answer in english, german or french.

Best regards,
Nicolas Marxen
Collapse

Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

QuickBooks Online May 28, 2019

Try QuickBooks online.

It has a projects feature that is good for doing project management.

It handles multiple currencies.

The support team is very quick to respond to any issue!

Give it a go!
Dylan

[Edited at 2019-05-28 20:17 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 13:09
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
LSP.expert May 29, 2019

Perhaps you should try lsp.expert (this is both its name and its web address). I have been using it for a month and find it quite easy to use and well suited to the needs of translators.

Susan Murphy Lamprecht

Philippe Etienne
Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:09
English to French
Translation Office 3000 May 29, 2019

It's a management program dedicated to translators. I've been using it since 2005 and it's perfect for my needs (low client turnover, agencies only). Tax rates/names, invoice templates, currencies, file organisation and even CAT discount grids can be customized at will based on the client.
However I don't use it for strict "accounting" purposes (I have an accountant for tax returns and what-not), but rather "business management".

Evaluation versions can be downloaded from AIT'
... See more
It's a management program dedicated to translators. I've been using it since 2005 and it's perfect for my needs (low client turnover, agencies only). Tax rates/names, invoice templates, currencies, file organisation and even CAT discount grids can be customized at will based on the client.
However I don't use it for strict "accounting" purposes (I have an accountant for tax returns and what-not), but rather "business management".

Evaluation versions can be downloaded from AIT's website.

Philippe
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a good, flexible accounting software to issue invoices.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »