Thread poster: Yenny Fernandez
Yenny Fernandez
Yenny Fernandez  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:40
English to Spanish
Apr 8, 2019

Hi,

Does anyone knows what is the current interpretation rate for Eng-Span in NYC? I have not worked with agencies for approximately two years and I recently started working with agencies again. After speaking with some recruiters I realized that the rates some of them are offering are way lower than what I expected. One particular agency is offering as low as $13/hr without transportation reimbursement and another offers interpreters to set their own rates with the caveat that if t
... See more
Hi,

Does anyone knows what is the current interpretation rate for Eng-Span in NYC? I have not worked with agencies for approximately two years and I recently started working with agencies again. After speaking with some recruiters I realized that the rates some of them are offering are way lower than what I expected. One particular agency is offering as low as $13/hr without transportation reimbursement and another offers interpreters to set their own rates with the caveat that if the rate falls into the "too high" category, the interpreter risks receiving few or no assignments. I would really appreciate any comments you may have about this matter.

Thanks,

Yenny
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Consecutive Interpretation Rates in NYC Eng-Span

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »