Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 06:34
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Still posting jobs here? Apr 1, 2019

Teresa Woischiski wrote:
the agency in question has been banned from posting jobs on Proz in 2013. Nevertheless, there are recent comments about it on blue board (from 2013-2018) and they also still post jobs on Proz.

I can understand the new comments. After all, if they're still trading then they will still be finding people to work with them. You can post on the BB however you found out a company, as long as you actually did work for them.

But they shouldn't be able to post new jobs through the site unless that ban has been rescinded. Definitely raise a Support Ticket if you think something fishy is going on. It will potentially help a lot of others.

Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:34
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Please be warned Apr 5, 2019

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you some info. I have contracted a collection agency now, they take it from here.

Also: I researched a bit and it is not the first time they do that. Seems like with payments from about 1000 USD onwards, it is their method no to pay translators and blame it on their bad translation.
The agency is also hard to track because untraceable address.

As I am not allowed to put a bad mark and warn others from him on Bl
... See more
Hello all,

I just wanted to give you some info. I have contracted a collection agency now, they take it from here.

Also: I researched a bit and it is not the first time they do that. Seems like with payments from about 1000 USD onwards, it is their method no to pay translators and blame it on their bad translation.
The agency is also hard to track because untraceable address.

As I am not allowed to put a bad mark and warn others from him on Blue Board ( Proz says once an agency claims that translation was bad quality-which he did but without further proof and no evidence-no bad mark is allowed), I would like to warn you here. So please write to me and I give you the name in private. This agency has to be stopped!

If anyone knows anything else that can be done, please let me know.

Thank you all for your support, info and help.

Best regards,
TW
Collapse

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
I'm sorry to hear Apr 5, 2019

I think as far as complaints about quality are concerned, it depends when the agency made the complaints and this should be pointed out and taken into consideration by Proz. com's support staff. I expect a week or two would be more than enough. It is not very clear if the complaints were made immediately before payment was due or much before. I also expect a serious agency to make these complaints by email not through SKYPE and it should give you the chance to correct them or repute them. I hope... See more
I think as far as complaints about quality are concerned, it depends when the agency made the complaints and this should be pointed out and taken into consideration by Proz. com's support staff. I expect a week or two would be more than enough. It is not very clear if the complaints were made immediately before payment was due or much before. I also expect a serious agency to make these complaints by email not through SKYPE and it should give you the chance to correct them or repute them. I hope you have more luck with the collection agency now. Please let us know.Collapse

Jennifer Chih-Hua Lin
Jennifer Chih-Hua Lin
United Kingdom
English to Chinese
+ ...
Similar situation Apr 5, 2019

Hi Teresa and all,

I was just about to post a similar situation I'm in when I came across your post.

I will not go into too much detail at this point as I've decided I'll still patiently wait a bit more to hear back from them (still naively believing that they are undergoing serious financial difficulties).

Though I'd really like to know what steps did you take to contact a collection agency? And what is expected to happen next once a collection agency is
... See more
Hi Teresa and all,

I was just about to post a similar situation I'm in when I came across your post.

I will not go into too much detail at this point as I've decided I'll still patiently wait a bit more to hear back from them (still naively believing that they are undergoing serious financial difficulties).

Though I'd really like to know what steps did you take to contact a collection agency? And what is expected to happen next once a collection agency is involved?

Thanks a lot

Jennifer
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Danish to English
+ ...
Write a response at Payment Practices Apr 5, 2019

I suggest you write a so-called response at paymentpractices.net. There is a small annual subscription fee. Contrary to Proz, they don't take comments and responses down because of quality complaints (a weakness in the Proz system that certain unscrupulous agencies are clearly abusing), and they also allow comments about for example the negotiation phase even if no work was carried out.

Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Strangely enough Apr 5, 2019

I just came across a BB entry made by someone who had quality issues and who had not been paid. I received an email about a translation job and when I checked out the agency, I found 2 or more had posted a BB entry when they had quality issues too and this means they were allowed to do it and these date to late 2018, 2017, so why was yours not accepted?

Teresa Woischiski
Teresa Woischiski  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked Apr 5, 2019

It worked! I habe not tried it because I was told it does not work but it did. Very glad.

quote]Josephine Cassar wrote:

I just came across a BB entry made by someone who had quality issues and who had not been paid. I received an email about a translation job and when I checked out the agency, I found 2 or more had posted a BB entry when they had quality issues too and this means they were allowed to do it and these date to late 2018, 2017, s
... See more
It worked! I habe not tried it because I was told it does not work but it did. Very glad.

quote]Josephine Cassar wrote:

I just came across a BB entry made by someone who had quality issues and who had not been paid. I received an email about a translation job and when I checked out the agency, I found 2 or more had posted a BB entry when they had quality issues too and this means they were allowed to do it and these date to late 2018, 2017, so why was yours not accepted? [/quote]
Collapse

Josephine Cassar

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 01:34
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Banned from posting jobs Apr 5, 2019

Teresa Woischiski wrote:

the agency in question has been banned from posting jobs on Proz in 2013.

So, why did you work for them?

they also still post jobs on Proz.

According to their BB record, the last time they posted a job was in October 13, 2013.

So I saw that the name is slightly different in the list of blue board than the one he posts from now.

Also, the address is different in the Blue board agency description than the one he gave me for the invoice. Could it be that he tried to trick Proz and slightly changed the name and address?

Of course, they are doing a anything to scam people.

I think this is something to look into. Who can help me with that? I don't want to mention any names here.

Submit a support request with all the info you have.

https://www.proz.com/support?force_proz_support=1&mode=ask&sp_sub_mode=ticket_submit
Select "Report abuse".

It is also possible that there is some sort of identity theft, impersonation going on. You may not even be dealing with whom you think you are dealing with.
Katalin

[Edited at 2019-04-05 18:48 GMT]

Yolanda Broad

Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
Probably it's not that difficult to circumvent... Apr 5, 2019

Sheila Wilson wrote:

Teresa Woischiski wrote:
the agency in question has been banned from posting jobs on Proz in 2013. Nevertheless, there are recent comments about it on blue board (from 2013-2018) and they also still post jobs on Proz.

I can understand the new comments. After all, if they're still trading then they will still be finding people to work with them. You can post on the BB however you found out a company, as long as you actually did work for them.

But they shouldn't be able to post new jobs through the site unless that ban has been rescinded. Definitely raise a Support Ticket if you think something fishy is going on. It will potentially help a lot of others.

Of course, if a specific account has been barred from posting "jobs" they shouldn't be able to post new projects, but, for instance, a few weeks ago I saw a posting from a certain company, checked their BB, found the "red i" icon, opened it, and basically found a list of 5 (if I remember correctly) other links to banned companies... thing which I personally found... let's say... a tad "counterintuitive"... (and ridiculous)

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment not made and no sign of response to payment reminder

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »