Thread poster: umsarah
umsarah
umsarah  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 25, 2019

Hello Everyone,

I am about to file a claim with small claim court against a U.K agency. I need a lawyer who has experience in such matters. Any other tips about other government agencies to which I can resort are welcome.

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
DIY! Jan 25, 2019

The small claims court system in the UK is designed to be simple so it can be used without a lawyer. Can you not do it yourself?

The one time I used it, I just filled in a simple form and waited for the money.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 05:51
English to Thai
+ ...
Local court system Jan 25, 2019

Chris S wrote:

The small claims court system in the UK is designed to be simple so it can be used without a lawyer. Can you not do it yourself?

The one time I used it, I just filled in a simple form and waited for the money.

In my country, Thailand, court requirements also identical to the UK. In fact the court did not listen to my testimony and evidences since I did not say through a lawyer.

Soonthon L.

umsarah
umsarah  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:51
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I am not in the U.K so I cannot attend a hearing myself Feb 26, 2019

"DIY!

The one time I used it, I just filled in a simple form and waited for the money."

So, there is no testimony needed? I'm in Egypt so I will not be able to attend a hearing in person.

IrinaN
IrinaN
United States
Local time: 17:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Check this out Feb 26, 2019

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/75m2z5/small_claims_court_procedure_eu_uk_anyone/

I have no idea if this is true or valid, don't hold it against me:-) just take a look at it at your leisure. It has a live link that takes you to the page with the logo that looks genuine. Look up gov.uk site separately
... See more
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_refunds/comments/75m2z5/small_claims_court_procedure_eu_uk_anyone/

I have no idea if this is true or valid, don't hold it against me:-) just take a look at it at your leisure. It has a live link that takes you to the page with the logo that looks genuine. Look up gov.uk site separately for comparison. 25 pounds application fee is required.

Good luck.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need a lawyer to file a court claim in the U.K

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »