Auteur du fil: BMarkiewicz

BMarkiewicz  Identity Verified
Pologne
Local time: 07:41
Membre (2005)
polonais vers anglais
+ ...
Sep 11, 2017

MemoQ (any version) does not want to launch on my computer (Windows 10). After MemoQ 2015 froze during a translation, I restarted Windows. This usually resolves most issues, however neither version of MemoQ that I had (2013 or 2015) would open, I would only get a general error message with the following content:

TYPE:
MemoQ.Activator.ActivatorException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Collector

CALL STACK:
... See more
MemoQ (any version) does not want to launch on my computer (Windows 10). After MemoQ 2015 froze during a translation, I restarted Windows. This usually resolves most issues, however neither version of MemoQ that I had (2013 or 2015) would open, I would only get a general error message with the following content:

TYPE:
MemoQ.Activator.ActivatorException

SOURCE:
MemoQ.Collector

CALL STACK:
em MemoQ.Activator.Activator.pInit(ProductGroups productGroup, Boolean tsManager, Edition requestedEdition)
em MemoQ.ActivatorStartupController.Initialize()
em MemoQ.MainWindow.Main(String[] args)

I am convinced this has to do with a corrupt file. I have tried deleting the Preferences.xml file in the Roaming folder as well with no success. Any advice would be appreciated!
Collapse

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 01:41
Membre (2008)
français vers anglais
Reinstall Sep 12, 2017

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling? This will usually fix corrupted file problems. Be sure to create a restore point first.

indeedless
Russie
Local time: 08:41
anglais vers russe
Try erasing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ Oct 8, 2017

Hello, just received the same kind of problem.

Simple uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work. So I've tried removing C:\ProgramData\MemoQ folder and reinstalled MemoQ.
Please let me know, if this works for you.

Endre Both  Identity Verified
Allemagne
Local time: 07:41
Membre (2002)
anglais vers allemand
Delete license files Apr 17

Just had this error today, and while uninstalling/reinstalling did not help, removing the license files (License<nn>.dat) from ProgramData\MemoQ did. Thanks indeedless for the tip!

[Bearbeitet am 2019-04-17 09:57 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ does not launch - Activator version mismatch

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Recherche par terme
  • Travaux
  • Forums
  • Multiple search