Rebecca Hendry  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:55
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Looks good to me! Apr 2, 2017

Hi Kevin,

I like your site! I think it strikes the right balance between professionalism and informality, giving an insight into your personality. I always think it's nice for potential clients to see you as a real human being.

One thing that struck me as odd: on the home page you say you translate into and out of Spanish, but in the next paragraph you say your translations 'read like natural English'. But if you translate into Spanish too, how can this be? I don't mean
... See more
Hi Kevin,

I like your site! I think it strikes the right balance between professionalism and informality, giving an insight into your personality. I always think it's nice for potential clients to see you as a real human being.

One thing that struck me as odd: on the home page you say you translate into and out of Spanish, but in the next paragraph you say your translations 'read like natural English'. But if you translate into Spanish too, how can this be? I don't mean to get into a native/non-native debate, I just think that's a bit muddled and could be confusing.

Best of luck with it,

Rebecca.
Collapse

Kevin Dunn (X)
Kevin Dunn (X)
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 3, 2017

Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts!

I think that I will list my rates after all, I just need to think a bit more about how to phrase it.

I opted against a tie-style picture, partly for the reasons Mair and Thomas listed, and also partly because I just don't look that good in them

Giovanni: maybe it's a generational thing--KGD have been my initials my whole life, and I've never once realized h
... See more
Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts!

I think that I will list my rates after all, I just need to think a bit more about how to phrase it.

I opted against a tie-style picture, partly for the reasons Mair and Thomas listed, and also partly because I just don't look that good in them

Giovanni: maybe it's a generational thing--KGD have been my initials my whole life, and I've never once realized how close they were to KGB!

& good catch, Rebecca! Corrected.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Website feedback

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »