Thread poster: Wiktor Balut
Wiktor Balut
Wiktor Balut  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:10
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 22, 2019

Are there any differences in how Trados and MemoQ use DeepL plugins? I cannot find any vids online.
Can you in both programmes click on a given word in a sentence and choose prompts from a drop-down list that will affect the word itself and the remaining part of the sentence the same way you can do it in the website version?
What are your preferences when working with MT? Are there any other MT engines that are currently on par with DeepL?
Are there any game-changing settings f
... See more
Are there any differences in how Trados and MemoQ use DeepL plugins? I cannot find any vids online.
Can you in both programmes click on a given word in a sentence and choose prompts from a drop-down list that will affect the word itself and the remaining part of the sentence the same way you can do it in the website version?
What are your preferences when working with MT? Are there any other MT engines that are currently on par with DeepL?
Are there any game-changing settings for the DeepL plugin I should know about?
Collapse

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Plugins use API Jul 22, 2019

Wiktor Balut wrote:

Are there any game-changing settings for the DeepL plugin I should know about?

Plugins use API, which doesn’t support alternative targets.

CAT tools that support the web interface, do also support alternative targets.

For Studio you can use GT4T: https://gt4t.net/en/

[Edited at 2019-07-22 14:00 GMT]

Jorge Payan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DeepL Trados vs. MemoQ drop-down list

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »