Off topic: take the pressure off your shoulders... :-)
Thread poster: amj_services (X)
amj_services (X)
amj_services (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 11:30
Apr 16, 2007

"Phonetic Joke"

Three men, an Italian, a French and a Spanish went for a job interview in England.
Before the interview, they were told that they must compose a sentence in English
with three main words:
green, pink and yellow.

The Italian was first:

"I wake up in the morning. I see the yellow sun. I see the green grass and I think to
myself, I hope it will be a pink day."

The French was next:

"I wak
... See more
"Phonetic Joke"

Three men, an Italian, a French and a Spanish went for a job interview in England.
Before the interview, they were told that they must compose a sentence in English
with three main words:
green, pink and yellow.

The Italian was first:

"I wake up in the morning. I see the yellow sun. I see the green grass and I think to
myself, I hope it will be a pink day."

The French was next:

"I wake up in the morning, I eat a yellow banana, a green pepper and in the evening
I watch the pink panther on TV."

Last was the Spanish:
"I wake up in the morning,
I hear the phone "green...green...",
I pink up the phone and I say "Yellow?"...

Collapse

Valentina_D
Valentina_D  Identity Verified
English to Italian
+ ...
:-))) Apr 17, 2007

Very funny, indeed!

Thanks!

(although the Italian could have said the same, given the awful knowledge of English we Italians have!)

amj_services (X)
amj_services (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
TOPIC STARTER
it could have been anyone really! Apr 17, 2007

I just got it from a friend of mine....and I guess it reminded me of another event that took place in Spain... But it was not intended for any nationality in particular!

The story goes like this...
An English-speaking friend of mine was invited to a wedding in Andalucia. It was a very small and casual reception and they were all mostly Spaniards ("as if from an Almodovar's movie!", I quote) Everyone was excited to have him there. It was very hot, so he asked his friend how do
... See more
I just got it from a friend of mine....and I guess it reminded me of another event that took place in Spain... But it was not intended for any nationality in particular!

The story goes like this...
An English-speaking friend of mine was invited to a wedding in Andalucia. It was a very small and casual reception and they were all mostly Spaniards ("as if from an Almodovar's movie!", I quote) Everyone was excited to have him there. It was very hot, so he asked his friend how do you ask for "ice" in Spanish. "Hielo", he answered. So he started waving his arms in a desperate call for someone's attention and shouting "Hielo, hielo"... to which someone from across the hall replied and started singing, "Yes, the yellow submarine, the yellow submarine...! we all live in a yellow submarine..."

)
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

take the pressure off your shoulders... :-)

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »