Meaning of abbreviation DP835 (Cambridge Certificate)
Thread poster: Antonia Stöhr
Antonia Stöhr
Antonia Stöhr  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 08:39
Member (2018)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 8, 2019

Dear colleagues,

I'm currently translating a Cambridge English Language Assessment Certificate (it's a certified translation into German).
On the bottom right side of the certificate, it says "DP835".
Does anyone know what this abbreviation stands for? I googled it and couldn't find an answer. I only noticed that other Cambridge Certificates contain the "DP" abbreviation as well, but with different numbers.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!
... See more
Dear colleagues,

I'm currently translating a Cambridge English Language Assessment Certificate (it's a certified translation into German).
On the bottom right side of the certificate, it says "DP835".
Does anyone know what this abbreviation stands for? I googled it and couldn't find an answer. I only noticed that other Cambridge Certificates contain the "DP" abbreviation as well, but with different numbers.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards
Antonia
Collapse

Rose Marie Matei (X)
Rose Marie Matei (X)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Data Processing Mar 8, 2019

Since the number differs I assume it could be 'Data Processing' , now with the EU law on on processing personal data.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Empty post
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 07:39
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Could it be... Mar 8, 2019

... Diploma Programme?

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 00:39
Dutch to English
+ ...
DP Mar 9, 2019

Teresa Borges wrote:

... Diploma Programme?

I think that's it. Take a look at this website:
https://www.ibo.org/programmes/diploma-programme/what-is-the-dp/

Antonia Stöhr
Antonia Stöhr  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2018)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Mar 11, 2019

Dear all,

thank you very much for your suggestions!

I actually noticed that other Cambridge Certificates for this specific examination (Cambridge English Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International (Proficiency)) also have the number "DP835", so I suppose that this is just the identification number/identification code for this type of certificate. I therefore simply used "DP835" in my translation.
"Diploma programme" might be the correct meaning of this abbreviatio
... See more
Dear all,

thank you very much for your suggestions!

I actually noticed that other Cambridge Certificates for this specific examination (Cambridge English Level 3 Certificate in ESOL International (Proficiency)) also have the number "DP835", so I suppose that this is just the identification number/identification code for this type of certificate. I therefore simply used "DP835" in my translation.
"Diploma programme" might be the correct meaning of this abbreviation, but I'm not 100 % sure, because it seems to be used mainly in the context of the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP), not in the context of Cambridge Certificates.

Best regards
Antonia
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Meaning of abbreviation DP835 (Cambridge Certificate)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »