LGermoglio
LGermoglio
Germany
Local time: 13:01
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 31, 2018

Buongiorno,
Vorrei confrontarmi con voi su un compenso per un lavoro che mi è stato proposto.
Libro narrative di 45000parole da tradurre Ita->Eng, 100euro 4000parole +600euro a lavoro ultimato.
Cosa ne pensate? Quanto potrebbe essere a vostro avviso una tariffa adeguata?
Grazie e buona giornata
LG

Elena Aclasto
Elena Aclasto  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
No way Jan 31, 2018

Ciao,

Regardless of whether the translation is literary or not the amount proposed (700 € total if I'm not mistaken..or is it 100 € EVERY 4.000 words + 600 when finished?) for a 180 pages book is ridiculous, especially if you consider they are asking you to translate into your non native language.

I wouldn't do it in the first place just for this reason (you must be a native or near-native English speaking level to translate in a language that isn't your own), OR I
... See more
Ciao,

Regardless of whether the translation is literary or not the amount proposed (700 € total if I'm not mistaken..or is it 100 € EVERY 4.000 words + 600 when finished?) for a 180 pages book is ridiculous, especially if you consider they are asking you to translate into your non native language.

I wouldn't do it in the first place just for this reason (you must be a native or near-native English speaking level to translate in a language that isn't your own), OR I would ask at least 1,500 Euro.

Usually, as far as I know, publishers still pay using the "cartella", thus roughly 15/20 € per page. Do your calculations...

Elena
Collapse

LGermoglio
LGermoglio
Germany
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Job is not worthy Jan 31, 2018

Elena Aclasto wrote:

Ciao,

I wouldn't do it in the first place just for this reason (you must be a native or near-native English speaking level to translate in a language that isn't your own), OR I would ask at least 1,500 Euro.

Usually, as far as I know, publishers still pay using the "cartella", thus roughly 15/20 € per page. Do your calculations...

Elena

Thank you Elena,
I thought the same. 700euro in total is not a worthy compensation.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Compenso per traduzione di un libro narrativa

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »