Problems in the source discourse
Thread poster: IraNakamura
IraNakamura
IraNakamura
Argentina
Jul 30, 2018

Good morning! I'm currently studying to become an interpreter and I've chosen to carry out an investigation on these two topics:
1. Sometimes, source discourse is defective. What kind of problems have you come across? For example, in this forum someone mentioned many Spanish are confusing because they do away with every personal pronoun up to a point when you can't understand who is the subject. Another problem in the source discourse would be a scholar who uses connectors or other struct
... See more
Good morning! I'm currently studying to become an interpreter and I've chosen to carry out an investigation on these two topics:
1. Sometimes, source discourse is defective. What kind of problems have you come across? For example, in this forum someone mentioned many Spanish are confusing because they do away with every personal pronoun up to a point when you can't understand who is the subject. Another problem in the source discourse would be a scholar who uses connectors or other structures that don't make sense (this happens a lot). For example, someone may say: "This is really important; nevertheless, it is useful to bear it in mind". Which other problems have you found in source discourses?
2. What do you do about these mistakes? For example, in the former example, would you say "nevertheless" in the other language or change it for "therefore" (something that does make sense)?

Thank you in advance!!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems in the source discourse

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »