Indonesia
Local time: 21:49
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Jan 27, 2008

Dear Fellow Translators,

Sorry I cannot write in Chinese.

One of my clients (Chinese translation agency) recently said that Moneybookers is not available to Chinese.

Nevertheless, when I visit the website, it is very clear that Moneybookers is available to all countries around the world, including China.

What do you think of his statement? Is it true that MB is not available to Chinese translators?

Thank you very much for your conf
... See more
Dear Fellow Translators,

Sorry I cannot write in Chinese.

One of my clients (Chinese translation agency) recently said that Moneybookers is not available to Chinese.

Nevertheless, when I visit the website, it is very clear that Moneybookers is available to all countries around the world, including China.

What do you think of his statement? Is it true that MB is not available to Chinese translators?

Thank you very much for your confirmation.

Best Regards

Hipyan
Collapse

lbone
lbone  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 22:49
Member (2006)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Moneybookers is available to Chinese Jan 27, 2008

I have no problem using Moneybookers and I know many translators from China also use and prefer Moneybookers.

However, Moneybookers' services are not stable to everyone. I often heard that someone cannot pass through Moneybookers' identification procedure, or is very slow in this procedure, though this person may go through the very same steps as other users.

I am afraid your client do not know clearly how to use it, or may fall in trouble somewhere.

[Edited at
... See more
I have no problem using Moneybookers and I know many translators from China also use and prefer Moneybookers.

However, Moneybookers' services are not stable to everyone. I often heard that someone cannot pass through Moneybookers' identification procedure, or is very slow in this procedure, though this person may go through the very same steps as other users.

I am afraid your client do not know clearly how to use it, or may fall in trouble somewhere.

[Edited at 2008-01-27 05:08]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
Hi Hipyan, Jan 27, 2008

Normaly one can use MB to receive money in China but not for sending out from China.

Here is an explanation from MB:

My country is not in the list of supported local payment methods - can I still use Moneybookers services?
Yes. Your bank wire deposits/withdrawals will be processed as international transfers. Please be aware that it is a common practice that receiving banks charge additional fees for receiving international transfers and that those fees/charges are
... See more
Normaly one can use MB to receive money in China but not for sending out from China.

Here is an explanation from MB:

My country is not in the list of supported local payment methods - can I still use Moneybookers services?
Yes. Your bank wire deposits/withdrawals will be processed as international transfers. Please be aware that it is a common practice that receiving banks charge additional fees for receiving international transfers and that those fees/charges are beyond Moneybookers' control as they are imposed by the banks themselves. However, when sending transfers to our customers, Moneybookers always bears all charges for the sending bank, i.e. Moneybookers' bank.

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/faq.pl?gid=8&qid=766

[Edited at 2008-01-27 05:29]
Collapse

chance (X)
chance (X)
French to Chinese
+ ...
I just checked. Jan 27, 2008

One can deposit only USD or EURO in MB account in a bank in Shanghai, but not everyone can make USD neither EURO transfer in China.

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
More Confirmations Jan 27, 2008

chance wrote:

One can deposit only USD or EURO in MB account in a bank in Shanghai, but not everyone can make USD neither EURO transfer in China.

Thank you very much for your prompt responses, Ibone and Chance.

More confirmations from other people who ever sent money through Moneybookers account from China would be really appreciated.

Shouguang Cao
Shouguang Cao  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
the first choice. Jan 27, 2008

Hello Hipyan,

I live in Suzhou and you can be certain that moneybookers.com is actually the best way for people in China to receive money from abroad.

Various agencies pay me by remitting money to my MB account. I pay a little commision and withdraw it to my China Mechants Bank account. 4-8 days later, i receive the money.

I never try to upload money though.

It might be a little annoying at the beginning. After you register, MB requires to v
... See more
Hello Hipyan,

I live in Suzhou and you can be certain that moneybookers.com is actually the best way for people in China to receive money from abroad.

Various agencies pay me by remitting money to my MB account. I pay a little commision and withdraw it to my China Mechants Bank account. 4-8 days later, i receive the money.

I never try to upload money though.

It might be a little annoying at the beginning. After you register, MB requires to validate your credit card or your mailing address. I did the second. I waited for around two weeks before I received the the letter that contained a validation number.

but after all that, It has been spectacular.
Collapse

Hipyan Nopri
Hipyan Nopri  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Member (2005)
English to Indonesian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many Thanks Jan 28, 2008

Thanks for all your invaluable information, fellow translators.

I have contacted several agencies in Chine and also the Moneybookers staff. Both clearly confirmed that Chinese Moneybookers users can upload and send money out to foreign receivers.

Best Wishes

Hipyan

Milton Guo
Milton Guo  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
Good news Jan 29, 2008

I am searching for such information and very pleased with all of your inputs here.. I will get a MB account soon..

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Moneybookers Availability to Chinese

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »