我不懂德文,但是知道德文有不少词与英语相同或接近,很有可能他在写英文信时与德文拼写搞混。

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Local time: 19:21
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
Germans Jan 10, 2008

Many young people here know English but not very well. I was watching TV just now and saw a 22-year-old German guy looking for a job in Perth. The manager asked him for a RESUME and he didn't know what it was! Some German kids study English in school but they rarely have the chance to use the language in real life.

Denyce

[Edited at 2008-01-10 21:31]

franksf
franksf
Chinese to English
一德文老师对英文的说法 Jan 10, 2008

在学校里为了毕业我硬着头皮学了一年德文,因为在英文风靡之前,老的科学文献多半是德文,German was a requirement. 我的德文老师说:"English is a simple language." 不重视也许是一些德语人英文不够好的原因。

Wenjer Leuschel (X)
Wenjer Leuschel (X)  Identity Verified
Taiwan
Local time: 19:21
English to Chinese
+ ...
Why should everyone be good in English? Jan 11, 2008

When my kids were very young, there were two little girls of the same age in our neighborhood. Those two girls went to the States and Germany with their parients for several years. When they came back for visit, the kids came together and found out that they could not communicate so well as they were younger.

Lynn speaks English very well, because she has been living in Los Angeles since her 7th year of age and she is now 14. Her parients are Latinos and they speaks Spanish at home,
... See more
When my kids were very young, there were two little girls of the same age in our neighborhood. Those two girls went to the States and Germany with their parients for several years. When they came back for visit, the kids came together and found out that they could not communicate so well as they were younger.

Lynn speaks English very well, because she has been living in Los Angeles since her 7th year of age and she is now 14. Her parients are Latinos and they speaks Spanish at home, so that she understands and speaks Spanish. However, her Spanish is full of Americanism and my kids have difficulties to understand her.

Silke speaks German very well, because she has been living in Munich since her 6th year of age and she is now 15. Her parients are both Germans and lived in Latin America for more than 20 years, so they speak Spanish mixed with German at home and Silke does understnd and speak some Spanish. But her Spanish is not as fluent as my kids.

My kids do speak German, but they live in Latin America where the daily language in the streets is Spanish.

Now, the kids came together after several years. Lynn would like to stay with English or at most with some Spanish words, while my kids would like the conversation in Spanish with some words in German. Silke insisted upon chatting in German or at most with some Spanish words, while that disturbed Lynn. English isn't the common language and German, neither. My kids are not good in either one. You can imagine what came out of the meeting of the four teenagers!

What would happen when Sandra, who came back to live in Taiwan for 7 years, happened to joined them in the meeting? I guess, they would have to stick to Spanish all the way, though they all have learned some English in the school.

Why should everyone be good in English? It isn't the only language after all.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

德国有没有英语极差的业者

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »