Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >
在本论坛本人再次遭遇病毒攻击!(I was attacked by virus in this Forum again!)
Thread poster: Bill Lao
Bill Lao
Bill Lao
Local time: 15:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
不要以寻找他人错误,刻意攻击他人为乐事 Aug 26, 2005

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Bill Lao wrote:
譬如在英汉医药翻译领域,在国内我可以跟任何人并肩,但我的个人资料也只就寥寥几话。自己过去翻译过什么东西,我一般都没有记忆,翻完拿到钱后一般就从电脑中删除了,所以如果有人问我,你以前翻译过什么资料,我往往很是茫然。

先声明一下,我以下的议论只是随感而发,与大家探讨如何推销自己,并非针对任何个人。

中国人讲究谦虚,别人一夸他,他往往说“哪里哪里、岂敢岂敢”。而美国人当别人夸他时,他就说:Thank you! 或者再加一句:It's very kind of you to say so! 在美国,你若太谦虚了,就有人认为你确实没本事。找工作时,你若太谦虚了,那么你将接到的回应很可能是:“Your capability and work experiences are very impressive. However, …” 然而,中国人谦虚的美德仍然不能丢。我们搞翻译的要推销自己,就要实事求是地突出自己的能力和业绩,适当地夸大一些也无可非议。但如果你光是说:I can beat any translators in this country. 或者说:I am the best translator in this country. 别人只会一笑而了之。下面我想逐步改善上述说法,请看:
I am the best translator in this country.
I am the best English > Chinese translator in this country.
I am one of the best English > Chinese translators in this country.
I am one of the best English > Chinese translators in this field in this country.
I have been recognized by some translation agencies and clients as one of the best English > Chinese translators in this field in this country.
因为“王婆卖瓜,自卖自夸”是行不通的。只有别人说你的瓜甜那才算数。最后,把那没用的废话 “in this country”去掉,便成为:
I have been recognized by some translation agencies and clients as one of the best English > Chinese translators in this field.
可能有人要问,你凭什么说 “I have been recognized by …”?所以,你还得加上一句:References will be provided upon request.
不知这样修改以后是否好许多,请各位批示

再补充一点,我认为千万不能说什么 “I can beat any translators in this field or in this country”。因为,你想要 beat 的人是你的同事,不是冤家。而且,天外有天,人上有人。他或她也是 one of the best,说不定还是 a better one。否则,老是想 beat 别人的人最后很可能会像三国时期的周瑜一样,总是觉得老天对他不公,最后会发出“既生瑜,何生亮”的哀叹。

[Edited at 2005-08-25 20:41]

sun,老实说,你那么长的文章,我实在没有时间阅读,但你要说的什么我都知道。一开始我就知道,你要刻意找出我发言的把柄,以此作为贬低、攻击的武器——你这种心理我太了解了,所以我在帖子中特意用了“并肩”这一词,而不是“比肩”。“并肩”可以理解为跟别人并肩工作的意思。

一个一心专注于找别人的茬,这样的生活着实没有意思。你要学学李斌,他说,他上论坛只是为了娱乐娱乐罢了,所以出现这样那样的差错,不太过在乎。我想绝大多数网民也是这个心态。

本来不想多说,但你居然多次开口骂人,完全丧失了学者应有的态度,与有畸态心理的人同等,所以忍不住说说。

[Edited at 2005-08-26 00:58]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 02:23
English to Chinese
+ ...
Bill: 你已经超出界线了,我现在要求你公开向 Wenjer 和我道歉! Aug 26, 2005

你如果以为这里是你随心所欲、为所欲为的地方,那你就大错特错了!

Note: The moderator has removed two of Bill's inappropriate postings. Accordingly, I deleted what Bill said.

[Edited at 2005-08-27 13:13]

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
说话要有证据 Aug 26, 2005

Bill Lao wrote:

sun,老实说,你那么长的文章,我实在没有时间阅读,但你要说的什么我都知道。一开始我就知道,你要刻意找出我发言的把柄,以此作为贬低、攻击的武器——你这种心理我太了解了,所以我在帖子中特意用了“并肩”这一词,而不是“比肩”。“并肩”可以理解为跟别人并肩工作的意思。

一个一心专注于找别人的茬,这样的生活着实没有意思。你要学学李斌,他说,他上论坛只是为了娱乐娱乐罢了,所以出现这样那样的差错,不太过在乎。我想绝大多数网民也是这个心态。

本来不想多说,但你居然多次开口骂人,完全丧失了学者应有的态度,与有畸态心理的人同等,所以忍不住说说。

[Edited at 2005-08-26 00:58]

请你具体指出我哪些话是骂人的。不要总是给别人扣上莫须有的罪名。你的这番话用在你自己身上正合适。

我一开始就说了,“先声明一下,我以下的议论只是随感而发,与大家探讨如何推销自己,并非针对任何个人。” 所以你说“你要刻意找出我发言的把柄,以此作为贬低、攻击的武器”,根本就谈不上。况且,既然你说得没错,还怕别人说吗?

[Edited at 2005-08-26 02:44]

Xuchun
Xuchun  Identity Verified
China
English to Chinese
+ ...
这倒无需负责任 Aug 26, 2005

[quote]jyuan_us wrote:

[quote]Xuchun wrote:

Bill Lao wrote:

Sun,

我可以明白無誤地告訴你,CF:

我可以负责任地告诉你,赫赫。

我只是99%肯定地说,这么明摆着的事实,怎么还是这也可能那也可能?

Bill Lao
Bill Lao
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sun,让我们就此打住吧! Aug 26, 2005

Sun,让我们就此打住,让位于其他讨论吧!

我相信,人可能会出现一时糊涂,骂人的时候,这是正常的。人非圣贤,我有时候难免也会如此。也许我应该道歉,但前提是,你和wenjer首先道歉。

[Edited at 2005-08-26 02:18]

Bill Lao
Bill Lao
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
有没有骂人,怎样骂人,也只有自己最清楚 Aug 26, 2005

Sun,wenjier,大家上论坛也就为了娱乐娱乐、互相交流,落到这种互相争吵的地步,实在没意思。尽管十分厌恶,我自己也很忙,但为了回应你的问题,也为了问题的解决,我还是特意回顾之前的帖子。请你看看,这些是不是骂人的话:

“你自己神经过敏,就像堂吉柯德把风车视为敌人一样”, “你并没有‘正常逻辑思维能力和基本电脑知识’”,“心病难治”,“你的心病越来越重”,“执迷不悟”,“你这么一位无足轻重的人”,“無可救藥”,“那種不得天助人助者,實在犯不著浪費精力去糾正他們的行為偏差”,等等。还有一些一而再、再而三的威胁的话,譬如,若不听我的劝告,你将来怎样糟糕,等等,等等。

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
没那么便宜,骂完人就想溜? Aug 26, 2005

Bill Lao wrote:

Sun,让我们就此打住,让位于其他讨论吧!

我相信,人可能会出现一时糊涂,骂人的时候,这是正常的。人非圣贤,我有时候难免也会如此。也许我应该道歉,但前提是,你和wenjer首先道歉。

[Edited at 2005-08-26 02:18]

首先,无论如何你必须在此向 Wenjer 和我公开道歉!因为你在这一论坛上已经不止一次地骂人了。我决不会善罢甘休。骂人绝不是像你所说“是正常的”。其次,如果你可以证明我确实骂了你,那么我可以道歉。否则,没有可能!

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
我说的只不过是事实而已,能算骂人吗? Aug 26, 2005

Bill Lao wrote:

Sun,wenjier,大家上论坛也就为了娱乐娱乐、互相交流,落到这种互相争吵的地步,实在没意思。尽管十分厌恶,我自己也很忙,但为了回应你的问题,也为了问题的解决,我还是特意回顾之前的帖子。请你看看,这些是不是骂人的话:

“你自己神经过敏,就像堂吉柯德把风车视为敌人一样”, “你并没有‘正常逻辑思维能力和基本电脑知识’”,“心病难治”,“你的心病越来越重”,“执迷不悟”,“你这么一位无足轻重的人”,“無可救藥”,“那種不得天助人助者,實在犯不著浪費精力去糾正他們的行為偏差”,等等。还有一些一而再、再而三的威胁的话,譬如,若不听我的劝告,你将来怎样糟糕,等等,等等。

[Edited at 2005-08-26 03:43]

Bill Lao
Bill Lao
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
别人说的都不是事实,只有你说的才是事实? Aug 26, 2005

Yueyin Sun wrote:

Bill Lao wrote:

你说的是事实,别人说的就不是事实?只有你们才可以说别人,指责别人,批评别人,别人说不得?一说就不得了,老虎屁股摸不得。

Denyce Seow
Denyce Seow  Identity Verified
Singapore
Member (2004)
Chinese to English
** wink ** Aug 26, 2005

jyuan_us wrote:

Why do you wink all the time? Hoho.

I wanted to tell Yueyin he got a good one there, but I didn't dare to step into the discussion (too HOT for me). I wink a lot actually. Life could use a little cheekiness....

wherestip
wherestip  Identity Verified
United States
Chinese to English
+ ...
Don't Worry, Be Happy Aug 26, 2005

weiwei wrote:

I wink a lot actually. Life could use a little cheekiness....

I agree with weiwei. Life is too short. It's not worth it to get upset over some things, least of all things that don't matter or hardly really matter.

ysun
ysun  Identity Verified
United States
English to Chinese
+ ...
Thank you, wherestip and weiwei! Aug 26, 2005

wherestip and weiwei,

Thank you very much! I am really happy all the time. I have what I want to have and I don't have what I don't want to have. I did what I wanted to do and I can do what I want to do. I am enjoying great freedom in all aspects. More importantly, I have a wonderful family. All of my sons and daughter-in-law are graduates from top US universities and graduate schools. All of them have wonderful jobs at top high-tech companies such as Intel. My wife and I ha
... See more
wherestip and weiwei,

Thank you very much! I am really happy all the time. I have what I want to have and I don't have what I don't want to have. I did what I wanted to do and I can do what I want to do. I am enjoying great freedom in all aspects. More importantly, I have a wonderful family. All of my sons and daughter-in-law are graduates from top US universities and graduate schools. All of them have wonderful jobs at top high-tech companies such as Intel. My wife and I have a lovely granddaughter and we will certainly have more lovely grandchildren in coming years. They will also have a great future in this country. The only thing that worries me is that I don't have enough time to play with my granddaughter since endless jobs keep me too busy. My first mission of my lifetime has been successfully accomplished. The second mission has just started, i.e., to raise and educate my grandchildren. Compared with some less fortunate people, I am living a dream life! I have no reason at all to be unhappy!

I wish all of my friends at Proz.com great happiness, good health and a wonderful life!
Collapse

Bill Lao
Bill Lao
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
wherestip,well said! Aug 27, 2005

wherestip wrote:

weiwei wrote:

I wink a lot actually. Life could use a little cheekiness....

I agree with weiwei. Life is too short. It's not worth it to get upset over some things, least of all things that don't matter or hardly really matter.

说得好,wherestip先生!

在此也谢一谢weiwei!旁观者清,当局者迷,在这种时候,旁人的一两句话往往会使他顿然醒悟。

我近来的认识是,网络尽管是个虚拟空间,但如果你认真对待起来,有时候就与现实毫无两样。

[Edited at 2005-08-27 00:18]

[Edited at 2005-08-28 06:56]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

在本论坛本人再次遭遇病毒攻击!(I was attacked by virus in this Forum again!)

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »