Mijung Shin
Mijung Shin
Australia
Local time: 02:41
English to Korean
+ ...
Dec 11, 2018

Hello,
I'm new to the CafeTran software and have no idea how to use my glossary into the CafeTran software.
I've added my glossary into the software but it doesn't appear when I'm doing my project.
I've tried doing this as a .TXT file from excel as described and with my 1st row of cell the language description.
This didn't show up in the programme unfortunately.
please let me know if anyone got an idea how i should do this correctly.

Thanks for you tim
... See more
Hello,
I'm new to the CafeTran software and have no idea how to use my glossary into the CafeTran software.
I've added my glossary into the software but it doesn't appear when I'm doing my project.
I've tried doing this as a .TXT file from excel as described and with my 1st row of cell the language description.
This didn't show up in the programme unfortunately.
please let me know if anyone got an idea how i should do this correctly.

Thanks for you time !
Kind Regards,

MJ

[Edited at 2018-12-11 08:32 GMT]
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Import MS Excel glossary Dec 11, 2018

Hello Mijung,

I understand you have an glossary in Excel format (.xlsx) and wish to import it in CafeTran.

There are several methods for importing existing glossary entries or converting an Excel glossary to TXT or CSV, but here is one that should work in CafeTran:

- [Preparation] Open your glossary in Excel. If the 1st row is the language description, add a #before each language description, so that it is not imported. Save as an .xslx file
- Open C
... See more
Hello Mijung,

I understand you have an glossary in Excel format (.xlsx) and wish to import it in CafeTran.

There are several methods for importing existing glossary entries or converting an Excel glossary to TXT or CSV, but here is one that should work in CafeTran:

- [Preparation] Open your glossary in Excel. If the 1st row is the language description, add a #before each language description, so that it is not imported. Save as an .xslx file
- Open CafeTran. In the Dashboard (the first screen, where you can select resources and create new projects), choose your language pair and create a new project by drag and dropping a supported file (use any file, the content does not matter). Before doing that, make sure “Project terms” is selected in the Dashboard.
- Once the project is created (you can press the orange Start button), go to the Glossary menu (if it is hidden, unhide it in the View menu > Show Glossary menu) and select “Import MS Excel glossary”.
- Select your Excel glossary in the file selection dialog.
- The “Project terms” tab should now show all the entries imported from your two-column Excel glossary. This glossary will be in TXT tab-delimited format.
- Glossary menu > Save as. Save your glossary at the location of your choice (and give it the name you wish to use), then close the CafeTran project (Project > Close project).
- Now, you should see the CafeTran Dashboard. Click the “Add glossary” button in the Glossaries section of the Dashboard and select the saved glossary with your imported entries.
- This glossary will now be listed in the Glossaries section. Whenever you create a new project with the glossary selected in the Dashboard, the glossary will open as well.

This is also explained here:

Import Excel Glossary
https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000117021-import-excel-glossary

For more documentation, you can review the official knowledge base (Solutions): https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/solutions

Let me know if that works for you!

Jean

[Edited at 2018-12-11 22:59 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Adding glossary into the CafeTran software

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »