Gerhard Wiesinger
Gerhard Wiesinger  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:45
English to German
+ ...
Sep 9, 2018

I click Export.
The Export dialog "Create Translated File" appears. I click export current document. The dialog Save target document as appears. Everything looks correct. I click Save, the dialog disappears but the file has not been saved/exported. Tried several times. Even restarted the computer and Cafetran. But nothing.
I am using Akua 2018 update 12.
Help! I need to deliver this translation before the end of the night.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
some ideas Sep 9, 2018

Have you tried saving it to a different location?

Another option is to create a fresh project and re-translate it using your translation memory (.tmx).

Michael

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:45
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
QA? Sep 9, 2018

Have you run QA, specifically: QA > Tags check?

Michael

Gerhard Wiesinger
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
QA Sep 9, 2018

Thanks,
Not all QAs but some including the tags check yes. It comes back as QA succeeded successfully. Don't actually understand why I would need to do a tags check since I can't move to the next segment without entering all the tags (but that's a different matter). Anyway, I did the tags check.

Gerhard Wiesinger
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
fresh project Sep 9, 2018

Yes, that's what I am doing now, started a different project with the TM but of course since I needed to join a number of segments during the translation, that takes some time. Hope by the time I am done I will be able to export/save.
Thanks for responding.

Gerhard Wiesinger
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
doing ht etranslation in a different project worked Sep 10, 2018

Don't understand what happened but redoing the project worked using the same translation memory worked. Lost some time but I was able to export the document.
Again, thanks for responding.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:45
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Source document changed? Sep 10, 2018

If you changed the original source language document located in the project's folder, either by accident or on purpose, you would need to replace the previous version of the document with the new one. It is done via the menu Project > Replace document... . The unchanged segments are re-translated automatically.

Mario Cerutti
Mario Cerutti  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 07:45
Italian to Japanese
+ ...
Nice! Sep 10, 2018

Igor Kmitowski wrote:
If you changed the original source language document located in the project's folder, either by accident or on purpose, you would need to replace the previous version of the document with the new one. It is done via the menu Project > Replace document... . The unchanged segments are re-translated automatically.

This is a nice feature I wasn't aware of!

Jessica Noyes
Jessica Noyes  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:45
Spanish to English
+ ...
Preview Sep 10, 2018

Can you get the Preview to work? That would be a big help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot export in CafeTran

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »