ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:32
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Jul 30, 2018

Hello,
I've got another question regarding the memory:
I started a new project, selected a translation memory (TMX) and then, after translating for a while, chose "Save all memories" which works just find. But when I choose "Save memory as" (because maybe I want to save this memory under another name), this doesn't work and I get the notice "Read-only memory". Any ideas why this happens?
Thank you for your help!
Irene

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
weird Jul 30, 2018

Try right-clicking in the memory pane of the offending TM and see if ‘Read-only memory’ is checked/unchecked.

Michael

Dércio Bene

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 30, 2018

Hi Michael,
Hm, where exactly do I have to right-click? I can't seem to finde this option ...
Kind regards,
Irene

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:32
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
~ Jul 30, 2018

ibz wrote:

Hi Michael,
Hm, where exactly do I have to right-click? I can't seem to finde this option ...
Kind regards,
Irene

The place you need to click (the translation memory pane/box) is basically where you see any matches from your current project being shown.

Michael

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Found Jul 30, 2018

Oh, ok! I found it and the "Read only memory" box is not ticked.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Read-only memory

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »