ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:22
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Nov 8, 2016

Hello,
I paid an annual subscription to Cafetran yesterday but haven't received a license file yet. Is this normal or should I contact someone?
Thank you for your answer and best regards,
Irene

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Contact support Nov 8, 2016

ibz wrote:

Hello,
I paid an annual subscription to Cafetran yesterday but haven't received a license file yet. Is this normal or should I contact someone?
Thank you for your answer and best regards,
Irene

Hallo Irene,

Please contact [email protected] for the license. And: welcome to the club . I hope you'll have as much fun with CafeTran as I'm having.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 8, 2016

Thank you for your support! Right now I'm still struggling quite a bit and I'll certainly keep pestering you with questions

Maybe you can help me with a problem right now? A client would like a .docx file I translated in the .sdlxliff format (for Trados) as well. Can I just drag this document into Cafetran and then export it as a package without translating it (as there is no need for translation in this case)? Would b
... See more
Thank you for your support! Right now I'm still struggling quite a bit and I'll certainly keep pestering you with questions

Maybe you can help me with a problem right now? A client would like a .docx file I translated in the .sdlxliff format (for Trados) as well. Can I just drag this document into Cafetran and then export it as a package without translating it (as there is no need for translation in this case)? Would be perfect but I guess it's not as easy as that ...
Regards,
Irene
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
CafeTran cannot create SDLXLIFF Nov 8, 2016

ibz wrote:

A client would like a .docx file I translated in the .sdlxliff format (for Trados) as well.

Do you mean:

A client would like a .docx file that I've translated already, to receive in the .sdlxliff format (for Trados) as well.

In that case, the client will have to supply the SDLXLIFF file – for full compatibility.

If she only wants to update the TM, with less attention to perfect matches in segments with formatting, you can send the XLF file that has been created with CafeTran.

Or, if it's really a matter of updating the client's TM: just save the project as TMX and send this.

BTW: The only CAT tool (that I'm aware of) that can create SDLXLIFF files ... is SDL Studio.

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect Nov 8, 2016

Just what I thought, thanks a lot! I'll contact my client to get more information.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

License

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »