Known glossary words not suggested in MyMemory MT
Thread poster: David Büchli
David Büchli
David Büchli  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:58
English to Dutch
Mar 7, 2016

I have been using CafeTran only for a short while, and I don't fully understand how the glossary/MyMemory MT works. Certain translations I have saved in my glossary, are later not suggested in MyMemory MT. Isn't CafeTran supposed to do that, or does it work differently? Should I do something else to have CafeTran use the translations from my glossary?

By the way: I am still using the trial version of CafeTran, could that have something to do with it?

All help is appreci
... See more
I have been using CafeTran only for a short while, and I don't fully understand how the glossary/MyMemory MT works. Certain translations I have saved in my glossary, are later not suggested in MyMemory MT. Isn't CafeTran supposed to do that, or does it work differently? Should I do something else to have CafeTran use the translations from my glossary?

By the way: I am still using the trial version of CafeTran, could that have something to do with it?

All help is appreciated, thanks!

David
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 13:58
Preferences Mar 7, 2016

In Edit > Preferences > MT services you can tick some options to improve auto-assembling with machine translation. That way you can have your glossary entries inserted in the MyMemory translation.

[Edited at 2016-03-07 17:28 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Known glossary words not suggested in MyMemory MT

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »