Why is CafeTran not listed in Proz profile software settings?
Thread poster: Josephine Gardiner
Josephine Gardiner
Josephine Gardiner  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 11:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 25, 2015

Hello all,
I was just wondering why the excellent CafeTran is not listed in the box of CAT tools/general software in my Proz profile settings. I had to insert it myself via the 'add' box at the end, which is fine, but seems to imply that CafeTran is somehow not one of the 'top' CAT tools. In my opinion it definitely is.

Robert Rietvelt
Robert Rietvelt  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:00
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
You got soul mates Nov 25, 2015

J. Gardiner wrote:

Hello all,
I was just wondering why the excellent CafeTran is not listed in the box of CAT tools/general software in my Proz profile settings. I had to insert it myself via the 'add' box at the end, which is fine, but seems to imply that CafeTran is somehow not one of the 'top' CAT tools. In my opinion it definitely is.

Just contact "2NL", wondering why he didn't contact you already?

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
By the way Nov 25, 2015

I also do think that CafeTran should be listed in the CAT-tool list, as another minor/less used/or less popular tool, as long there is a enough (mayor) audience/interest for it.

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:43 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:44 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:45 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:47 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-11-25 23:48 GMT]

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:00
Finnish to French
Even though CT spends money on ProZ Nov 26, 2015

J. Gardiner wrote:
I was just wondering why the excellent CafeTran is not listed in the box of CAT tools/general software in my Proz profile settings.

Especially given the fact CafeTran splashes advertising money on ProZ...

Josephine Gardiner
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for replies... Nov 26, 2015

I actually resisted using CAT tools for ages. CafeTran is the only one I have positively enjoyed using, so I suppose I'm a bit evangelical.

Robert Rietvelt
Member (2006)
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Probably you are Nov 26, 2015

J. Gardiner wrote:

I actually resisted using CAT tools for ages. CafeTran is the only one I have positively enjoyed using, so I suppose I'm a bit evangelical.

But when you start a new topic, CT is there in the list. Just have a look.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
she meant the list of software you own, which can be edited in the "Proz.com profile updater" Nov 27, 2015

Robert Rietvelt wrote:

J. Gardiner wrote:

But when you start a new topic, CT is there in the list. Just have a look.

Josephine meant here:

The reason it isn’t there yet is Igor hasn't asked them to add it yet. If one of us emailed Proz, I'm sure they'd add it too!

Michael

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
It is already listed Jan 21, 2016

I have noticed that this option is now available in the Proz.com user's profile - Software / CAT tool list.

Igor

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
it is missing in Credential & Software Jan 21, 2016

See http://www.proz.com/translator-directory/

Select a language pair and search, and then look at Credential & Software > Software list. CafeTran is not listed. Strangely enough TransSuit2000 is still there!

Josephine Gardiner
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, still a gap... Jan 22, 2016

@Selcuk Akyuz
Yes, you're right - it's now appearing in the Profile Updater software list, but not in the Translator/interpreter Search Directory under software.

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:00
Spanish to English
+ ...
CafeTran listed Apr 11, 2016

Apologies for being a bit late to this, but wanted to follow up and make sure nothing is still missing. I am seeing CafeTran listed in the appropriate locations - ProZ.com profile owners can add CafeTran Espresso as a software/Cat tool via their ProZ.com profile and people searching the directory, or posting a job, can list CafeTran Espresso as a required/preferred CAT Tool.

If there are other locations that have been missed, please post to this thread and let me know.

... See more
Apologies for being a bit late to this, but wanted to follow up and make sure nothing is still missing. I am seeing CafeTran listed in the appropriate locations - ProZ.com profile owners can add CafeTran Espresso as a software/Cat tool via their ProZ.com profile and people searching the directory, or posting a job, can list CafeTran Espresso as a required/preferred CAT Tool.

If there are other locations that have been missed, please post to this thread and let me know.

Thanks

Drew
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Thanks Apr 11, 2016

I can see CafeTran listed now in the software list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is CafeTran not listed in Proz profile software settings?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »