Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:55
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
Jul 18, 2015

I tried CafeTran yesterday, was very happy with it. Did half of a job. They are now going to be a lost three hours and I will have to revert to Wordfast as I simply cannot get the programme to work again. I think the Java update may have broken it. I tried uninstalling java and reverting to java 1.6. All it did there was tell it could not reach the JRE. I'm so glad that I did not buy a license yesterday (I was about to!), as at least now I have only lost 3 hours work. I would say that this is wo... See more
I tried CafeTran yesterday, was very happy with it. Did half of a job. They are now going to be a lost three hours and I will have to revert to Wordfast as I simply cannot get the programme to work again. I think the Java update may have broken it. I tried uninstalling java and reverting to java 1.6. All it did there was tell it could not reach the JRE. I'm so glad that I did not buy a license yesterday (I was about to!), as at least now I have only lost 3 hours work. I would say that this is worth looking into...Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:55
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Java 8 u51 Jul 18, 2015

Hello Adam,

I have just updated Java to 8 u51 version on Mac OS and it functions fine here. CafeTran does not run on the older Java 6 version on Mac anymore. Please revert to the latest Java 8 and contact the support directly or via the new CT forums/tickets at https://cafetran.freshdesk.com to help you solve the issue.

Igor

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:55
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jul 18, 2015

Hi Igor,

Thanks for responding on this. I will try again to be sure. It is coming up with a blank window and not responding after several minutes. It would be nice to get past this, as I liked the functionality of the programme very much. I'll be in touch via a support ticket.

Adam

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:55
Just checked: works here too with the latest Java on OS X! Jul 18, 2015

I've just checked too.

CafeTran version: 2015-07-13-01
Java version: Java 1.8.0._51

CafeTran works fine here.

There's a dedicated Mac forum at:

https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions

It allows easy exchange of important information, such as screenshots.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

OSX Java 8 u51 --> Broken

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »