Should CafeTran be bundled with a second 27" monitor?
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 17:24
Jun 30, 2015

I was wondering: Since CafeTran offers so many resources (web resources, very advanced TM-Town integration, Total Recall with Big Data etc. etc.), is it still feasible to work with one monitor only?

Of course, you can use CafeTran on a 11" screen, but hey, who wants to miss all these valuable resources?

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Totally agree! Jun 30, 2015

I finally got around to connecting a second monitor (nothing special, just an old Lenovo 1440x900) to my 19200x1200 Samsung, and I am loving it!

I use the second monitor for my HTML preview …

see: "2015-06-13 The Web browser menu has four new items: Open html page for source review, Open website for source preview, Google Translate and Bing Translator. It is now possible to have a synced HTML preview file of y
... See more
I finally got around to connecting a second monitor (nothing special, just an old Lenovo 1440x900) to my 19200x1200 Samsung, and I am loving it!

I use the second monitor for my HTML preview …

see: "2015-06-13 The Web browser menu has four new items: Open html page for source review, Open website for source preview, Google Translate and Bing Translator. It is now possible to have a synced HTML preview file of your translation projects!" (http://cafetranhelp.com/changelog )

and my KnowBrainer 2015 sidebar:

some_text

Michael
Collapse

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 23:24
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Four 95" monitors! Jul 1, 2015

Ideally, all I want to see when I'm translating is this:

If I have to consult my resources, there's something wrong with CafeTran's algorithms or my settings, or my ready knowledge is lacking. It happens. In that case, I only want to check the resource I need for that particular issue, and I don't want to be distracted by any other resource.

One of the major advantages of CafeTran is that almost all resources can be integrated in its user interface, making it the ideal CAT tool for smaller screens.

Cheers,

Hans (27" iMac, only one though)

[Edited at 2015-07-01 00:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Should CafeTran be bundled with a second 27" monitor?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »