Support for WYSIWYG formatting in CafeTran
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:03
May 31, 2015

Some of us (not all!) would like to be able to switch to a WYSIWYG representation of basic formatting in CafeTran's Translation Editor. Currently we have WYSIWYG in the Grid only:

It would be nice to be able to switch to a more WYSIWYG representation like:

Like I said: not all CafeTranslators will like this. But in my opinion a modern CAT tool, especially one with a feature set as large es CafeTran offers, should at least offer its users to (temporarily) switch to WYSIWYG. The old system with tagging should be maintained, but a modern alternative should be offered, especially for novice users who have been translating in a word processor environment before.

[Edited at 2015-05-31 07:08 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:03
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
I just had a thought: Jun 1, 2015

…maybe all of us should decide to just post here, instead of in our Google Group. There is a huge discussion raging about this very topic, over at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cafetranslators/lxigF2Z8JIU (with 42 messages)

It does suck that you can't embed images here at Proz, but maybe we could ask the site management about that. Or devise a
... See more
…maybe all of us should decide to just post here, instead of in our Google Group. There is a huge discussion raging about this very topic, over at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cafetranslators/lxigF2Z8JIU (with 42 messages)

It does suck that you can't embed images here at Proz, but maybe we could ask the site management about that. Or devise a workaround using a third-party image storing solution or sth.
Collapse

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:03
TOPIC STARTER
I'd prefer to keep these forums separated Jun 1, 2015

Michael Beijer wrote:

…maybe all of us should decide to just post here, instead of in our Google Group.

Please not: I'd prefer to keep these two forums separated. And my Skype channel too. Thanks for respecting that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Support for WYSIWYG formatting in CafeTran

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »