7207950892 (X)
France
Local time: 09:49
English to French
Mar 20, 2015

Hi everyone,

I'm currently testing CafeTran, and studiously reading the wiki online

I happen to have a couple of questions regarding segment status:

1) When I check segments (by ticking the OK box), they become grey in the grid. Is it possible to uncheck them though?

2) Why do some of the source segments (in the source box) become highlighted in green? Is it cause it's been added
... See more
Hi everyone,

1) When I check segments (by ticking the OK box), they become grey in the grid. Is it possible to uncheck them though?

2) Why do some of the source segments (in the source box) become highlighted in green? Is it cause it's been added to memory (same as above, is it possible to undo it later on?)

3) From the Task menu, it is possible to set translated status for target segments, how is it visible? I can't what it does change.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Morgane.
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Answers Mar 20, 2015

Hello Morgane,

1) You can uncheck the Checked status by right clicking at the source language pane. You will notice the check box to uncheck it changing the status back to unchecked.

2) The green highlighting shows that there are matches in your TMs or glossaries for the highlighted part. If you remove the matched part from your TM or glossary, it won't be highlighted next time you edit the segment.

3) The Translated status is used for sdlxliff bilingual fi
... See more
Hello Morgane,

1) You can uncheck the Checked status by right clicking at the source language pane. You will notice the check box to uncheck it changing the status back to unchecked.

2) The green highlighting shows that there are matches in your TMs or glossaries for the highlighted part. If you remove the matched part from your TM or glossary, it won't be highlighted next time you edit the segment.

3) The Translated status is used for sdlxliff bilingual files. Currently, CafeTran uses the Checked status to show that the segment has been both checked and translated.

Igor

7207950892 wrote:

Hi everyone,

2) Why do some of the source segments (in the source box) become highlighted in green? Is it cause it's been added to memory (same as above, is it possible to undo it later on?)

3) From the Task menu, it is possible to set translated status for target segments, how is it visible? I can't what it does change.

Morgane.
Collapse

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 20, 2015

Hi Igor,

Thank you for the clear reply Sorry I'm asking so many questions on both Proz and Google Groups!!

Morgane.

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Are you using CafeTran? Jul 28, 2015

Hello Morgane,

I found this blog entry of yours:

http://www.ttimelsp.com/en/news3.html

Does this mean that you are using CafeTran as your primary CAT tool now?

Cheers,

Hans

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! Jul 29, 2015

Yes, absolutely! I really enjoy working with it

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
I thought I saw a pussy CAT Aug 2, 2015

7207950892 wrote:

Yes, absolutely! I really enjoy working with it

Good to hear that, after all the stories here about CafeTran's alleged complexness

I thought I'll make a new screencast later today, showing the absolute basics of the new GUI.

Until it's ready you can watch this nice video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zl5_ouHoOFY

7207950892 (X)
7207950892 (X)
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Cheers Aug 3, 2015

Really? No I find it quite easy to use actually! My main regret is that i can't open several files in different panes just like in Trados, but I just got used not to by now.

Cheers for the video link!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
ask Igor ;) Aug 3, 2015

7207950892 wrote:

Really? No I find it quite easy to use actually! My main regret is that i can't open several files in different panes just like in Trados, but I just got used not to by now.

Cheers for the video link!

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:49
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
That little "OK" check box is a little confusing Aug 3, 2015

7207950892 wrote:

Hi everyone,

Morgane.

That little "OK" check box (the mouseover says, "Market segment is checked") is a little confusing. When checked, any segment you pass through will be set to Checked (and consequently highlighted grey). I never use it when translating, and so always make sure it is unchecked.

If I want to confirm the current segment, when moving to the next segment, I use the shortcut @ Translation > Action > Add check segment to memory and go to next unchecked segment (which I have assigned to Alt+Down).

[Edited at 2015-08-03 14:53 GMT]

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Uncheck segments Dec 6, 2016

Hi there,
Regarding the first question of the original question (uncheck segments), does Igor's answer work in the current version as well?

Qutote:

When I do this, nothing happens ...
Thanks for your help!

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 15:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Move on! Dec 7, 2016

ibz wrote:
When I do this, nothing happens ...

You'll have to go to the next segment first. When you then go back to the previous, (un)checked segment, you'll notice something did happen...

Cheers,

Hans

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Segment status

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »