Martin Brüggemeier
Martin Brüggemeier
Germany
Local time: 18:51
English to German
+ ...
Jul 14, 2013

Hi, everyone!

I've installed CafeTran today, and I find it quite impressive. Now I'm trying the aligment feature of the program, and soemething doesn't seem to work - and I couldn't find the solution on the wiki.

I've tried "progressive segmentation" and it seemed to work as it should. Now I'm trying "automatic segmentation", and here's what happens:

In the Project Manager I checked "New Memory" (Project TM). In the "Align two documents" dialog, I chose the
... See more
Hi, everyone!

I've installed CafeTran today, and I find it quite impressive. Now I'm trying the aligment feature of the program, and soemething doesn't seem to work - and I couldn't find the solution on the wiki.

I've tried "progressive segmentation" and it seemed to work as it should. Now I'm trying "automatic segmentation", and here's what happens:

In the Project Manager I checked "New Memory" (Project TM). In the "Align two documents" dialog, I chose the two documents and the correct source and target languages, and then I chose "Automatic segmentation" in the "Segmentation" menu. Now after clicking OK, I see the source segments at the top part of the screen (like when I start doing a translation), and in the tabbed pane I see a tab containing the segments from the target text. Now when I click on "Start" to start the alignment process, I get the following message:

"Select joined documents tab for alignment!"

I neither know what kind of tab that is nor where to find it. No such tab seems to be shown on my screen. What am I doing wrong? I suppose the solution isn't complicated, but I really can't find out which step(s) to take now.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Martin
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Automatic alignment Jul 15, 2013

Hello Martin,

There was indeed an issue with alignment where the segmentation is set to automatic. It has been fixed. Please uninstal the current version and download install the trial version again. Thanks for pointing it out!

Cheerio,
Igor

Martin Brüggemeier
Martin Brüggemeier
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I think I downloaded/installed the trial version Jul 15, 2013

Hi, Igor!

Thanks for your quick response.

I think the version that I downloaded and installed is actually the trial version. I downloaded it from the following page:
http://www.cafetran.republika.pl/download.html

If there's a different version that works without problems, where can I download it from?

Regards,
Martin

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:51
English to Turkish
+ ...
possibly a new build Jul 15, 2013

Hi Martin,

Igor is fast, possibly he has fixed the bug and uploaded a new build. Yes, in 12 hrs

Martin Brüggemeier
Martin Brüggemeier
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot! Now there's just one question remaining ... Jul 15, 2013

Obviously, there's really a new version on the download page. Thanks, Igor, for the very quick solution!

Now I have just one more question: How should CafeTran be uninstalled? The program isn't shown in the list of installed software on my PC, so I can't find any uninstaller. Should the Cafetran folder be removed from the hard drive manually, or will the old version be overwritten by the new one completely if I simply run the installer of the new version?

Thanks for you
... See more
Obviously, there's really a new version on the download page. Thanks, Igor, for the very quick solution!

Now I have just one more question: How should CafeTran be uninstalled? The program isn't shown in the list of installed software on my PC, so I can't find any uninstaller. Should the Cafetran folder be removed from the hard drive manually, or will the old version be overwritten by the new one completely if I simply run the installer of the new version?

Thanks for your help!
Martin
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 19:51
English to Turkish
+ ...
there is an uninstaller Jul 16, 2013

My CT is installed at C:\Program Files\CafeTran Espresso\ and the Uninstaller is under C:\Program Files\CafeTran Espresso\Uninstaller

Licensed users replace only the Cafetran.jar file when a new build is available (that file is sent by Igor to licensed users).

In your case I don't think it is necessary to uninstall it, I guess the files will be overwritten.

P
... See more
My CT is installed at C:\Program Files\CafeTran Espresso\ and the Uninstaller is under C:\Program Files\CafeTran Espresso\Uninstaller

Licensed users replace only the Cafetran.jar file when a new build is available (that file is sent by Igor to licensed users).

In your case I don't think it is necessary to uninstall it, I guess the files will be overwritten.

Please join https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/cafetranslators

Selcuk
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with the alignment feature

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »