How to get rid of the horizontal lines in CafeTran windows
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
Feb 21, 2013

Hi, this is maybe a petty thing, but how can I get rid of the horizontal lines in CafeTran windows (not the Background grid, smth. other)?

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 14:10
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Screenshot? Feb 21, 2013

I don't know what you want to achieve, so can you please provide a screenshot?

You can customise just about everything in Edit | Appearance, and no, I don't think it's a "petty thing," given the fact that you'll have to look at it for much of your working day.

Cheers,

Hans

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Here's the screenshot Feb 21, 2013

I mean getting rid of these horizontal lines.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 08:10
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Background grid Feb 21, 2013

Hello Artem,

You can switch off the grid in the main window (see Edit | Appearance | Colors | Background grid). As for the other dialogs and option windows, the grid cannot be turned off. Your post is the first one to suggest turning it off in those windows so it will make me consider to add an option for it, as well.

Cheerio,
Igor

Artem Vakhitov wrote:

I mean getting rid of these horizontal lines.

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 14:10
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Are you sure? Feb 21, 2013

Igor Kmitowski wrote:
… so it will make me consider to add an option for it, as well.

Well, I'm all for making things as pretty for the eye as possible, but this window is only visible for a few seconds, when you set up the project.

Cheers,

Hans

Artem Vakhitov
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Would be desirable Feb 21, 2013

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hello Artem,

You can switch off the grid in the main window (see Edit | Appearance | Colors | Background grid). As for the other dialogs and option windows, the grid cannot be turned off. Your post is the first one to suggest turning it off in those windows so it will make me consider to add an option for it, as well.

Cheerio,
Igor

Thank you for the reply, Igor! Yes, that would be desirable, especially since some windows (like Options) don't have these lines anyway.

I would also suggest making a most plain and boring UI theme, corresponding to the normal look and feel of the classic XP-era Windows programs, without any additional bells and whistles. For some visually sensitive people it could contribute to a productivity boost.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to get rid of the horizontal lines in CafeTran windows

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »