Thread poster: Jacques DP
Jacques DP
Jacques DP  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:49
English to French
Nov 23, 2012

Hello,

I'm trying CafeTran in OS X and wondering how you insert a non-breakable space. Thanks!

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:49
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Google… Nov 23, 2012

is your friend.

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Ah Nov 23, 2012

Thanks. (Though the irony about using Google is misplaced, my error being to assume that the solution was at the application level rather than at the system level, which prompted me to make the wrong Google searches.)

By the way, I couldn’t figure out how to display non printable characters like spaces and non-breakable spaces in CafeTran. Would you know this as well? (It’s not absolutely necessary to create a Let-me-google-it-for-you link that points to the answer, though be my
... See more
Thanks. (Though the irony about using Google is misplaced, my error being to assume that the solution was at the application level rather than at the system level, which prompted me to make the wrong Google searches.)

By the way, I couldn’t figure out how to display non printable characters like spaces and non-breakable spaces in CafeTran. Would you know this as well? (It’s not absolutely necessary to create a Let-me-google-it-for-you link that points to the answer, though be my guest and do it if it is something you enjoy doing!)

Thanks.
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Paragraph icon Nov 23, 2012

Hi Jacques,

Click the button with the Paragraph icon in the source segment toolbar to see non printable characters.

Igor

Jacques DP wrote:

By the way, I couldn’t figure out how to display non printable characters like spaces and non-breakable spaces in CafeTran. Would you know this as well? (It’s not absolutely necessary to create a Let-me-google-it-for-you link that points to the answer, though be my guest and do it if it is something you enjoy doing!)

Thanks.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Message removed by author
esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:49
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Then Nov 23, 2012

Jacques DP wrote:

…which prompted me to make the wrong Google searches.

You did not mention any search, which a smart question should do [1].

By the way, I couldn’t figure out how to display non printable characters like spaces and non-breakable spaces in CafeTran. Would you know this as well? (It’s not absolutely necessary to create a Let-me-google-it-for-you

Sure, because this time you don’t need Google, this time Proz.com is your friend!

[1] How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Jacques DP
Switzerland
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Nov 23, 2012

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Hi Jacques,

Click the button with the Paragraph icon in the source segment toolbar to see non printable characters.

Igor

Thanks a lot, Igor.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Non-breakable spaces in CafeTran (OS X)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »