CafeTran Wiki has been launched
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Oct 26, 2012

The Wiki for CafeTran has been launched. It replaces the Help (Handbook) and Knowledge base.

http://cafetran.wikidot.com

Note that parts of the old Handbook have been inserted and require editing ...

Enjoy!

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2012-10-27 06:37 GMT]

Woodstock (X)
Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:52
German to English
+ ...
Dear Colleague Oct 27, 2012

If you are promoting translation software, it would be a good idea to make sure that the English text on the web page has been proofread by a native speaker. To say the mistakes make it appear very unprofessional is an understatement - not exactly the best way to market a translation tool. It certainly doesn't encourage confidence in the product.

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Errors in my English – oops Oct 27, 2012

Woodstock wrote:

If you are promoting translation software, it would be a good idea to make sure that the English text on the web page has been proofread by a native speaker.

Hello,

Thanks for pointing out that my English is far from perfect. You are absolutely right. English is neither my source language nor my target language. Nevertheless, I hope my messages get across – somehow ...

To say the mistakes make it appear very unprofessional is an understatement - not exactly the best way to market a translation tool. It certainly doesn't encourage confidence in the product.

The Wiki grows fast. New articles are added every day. Next year a native speaker of English will be asked to proofread the content of all articles. Until then I hope the reader will be tolerant for any language errors.

BTW: If you find any structural errors that can be avoided easily, please do write me in a PM.

Thanks for your understanding and kind help in advance!

Hans

[Bearbeitet am 2012-10-27 06:38 GMT]

trhanslator (X)
trhanslator (X)
New articles in Wiki Dec 28, 2012

The Wiki for CafeTran has been launched. It replaces the Help (Handbook) and Knowledge base.

http://cafetran.wikidot.com

Note that parts of the old Handbook have been inserted and require editing ...

New articles on the 'most frequently asked for file formats' are available now. Directly from Home.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Wiki has been launched

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »